Administrative Team Coordinator RN - ED
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Title: Administrative Team Coordinator RN - ED
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Emergency Medicine & Observation Unit Nursing
Date Posted: 01/20/2022
Job ID: R-26323
Job Summary Geisinger is proud to offer competitive hiring rates
with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $7 shift
differentials for evening, night, and weekend shifts!
Job Duties Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Grow your career with up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free membership with
discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Lyndsey Brandau at Job DescriptionCoordinates and
supervises the delivery of nursing care and activities on assigned
units. Assures compliance with the directives, policies and
applicable laws and regulations. Responsible for developing and
initiating improvements in the organization and delivery of high
quality, cost effective patient care. Duties and responsibilities
will include supporting the vision, mission, and goals of the
Nursing Department and the organization. Responsible for nursing
clinical practice, budgetary personnel activities, regulatory
activities associated with the unit and the clinical department,
and continuing support of Electronic Medical Record. Responsible
for ensuring the very best patient/family experience by optimizing
all customer interaction.
- As a member of departmental leadership teams, you will need to
demonstrate characteristics and behaviors necessary to assure
employee understanding and acceptance of the nursing and system
driving strategies including communicating and incorporating the
Nursing and Organization's vision, goals, and initiatives at the
unit and department level consistently with the Magnet philosophy
- Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals
as well as policies affecting other departments.
- Communicates and interprets policies, procedures and
regulations to patients, visitors and staff members, as
- Promotes and supports concepts of positive guest
- Sets expectation for evidence based practice incorporated with
- Fosters an effective working relationship with the Medical
Director and Physician Liaison of the inpatient unit.
- Develops positive and proactive employee relations.
- Serves as a resource for unit issues, mentors staff, delegates
actions as appropriate and creates an environment of
- Facilitates attendance of assigned personnel at internal and
external educational programs.
- Collaborates with Clinical Nurse Educators to develop employee
orientation, continuing education and competencies.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned personnel, assists with
orientation and integration of new employees.
- Conducts performance appraisals, monitors absenteeism, orders
supplies, scheduling 24 hour staffing, patient and bed triage where
- Assists with addressing performance problems initiating the
disciplinary process as appropriate.
- Design and implement strategic operational plans related to
changes in the healthcare environment.
- These plans may include capital, clinical, financial, Human
Resources, and IS quality and service plans.
- Demonstrates fiscal accountability by managing assignments to
meet worked hour statistics.
- Develops and promotes service standards that foster a customer
sensitive environment, using a proactive approach.
- Measures performance against standards and seeks team
commitment to exceed standards.
- Resolves patient and customer related issues in a timely
- Conducts leadership rounds on the unit.
- Proactively reviews the units and systems risk exposure to
develop educational activities for employees and associates that
will reduce liability.
- Ensures all incidents, serious events, and sentinel events are
reported to PI and addressed in a timely manner.Work is typically
performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position Details Hours: 7A-7:30P, Every other weekend and
holidayUnit Details: 29 rooms with 54 care areas. Level one trauma
center. 24/7 pharmacy in the ED, transportation, phlebotomy.
Geisinger Wyoming Valley is proud to receive ANCC Magnet
Recognition , the highest and most prestigious distinction a health
care organization can receive for nursing practice and quality
Education Enrollment in Bachelor's Degree in Related Field-Nursing
Experience Minimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania; Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Certification - American Heart Association
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Administrative Team Coordinator RN - ED, Administration, Clerical , Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...