Company: Penn Foster
Posted on: March 22, 2020
The Production Editor will edit and proofread academic content for
house style, tone, grammatical correctness, clarity, factual
accuracy, and appropriate reading level. This position is
responsible for meeting deadlines and managing time and priorities
Essential Job Functions:
- Edit content as required to adhere to style and branding
guidelines and recommend improvements.
- Create and provide regular reports on the assigned
- Manage deadlines and priorities to ensure projects are
completed on schedule.
- Check new and revised content against both program- and
course-level outcomes, objectives, and assessments. Check that all
assessments are tied to course objectives and test to appropriate
levels of Blooms taxonomy.
- Check content for grammatical correctness, punctuation and
spelling errors, style guide issues, and clarity, and readability
to ensure positive student experience.
- Fact check content for factual accuracy, research, and query
Senior Content Manager or Instructional Designer when content does
not seem to be factual, making suggestions to solve the accuracy
and improve the quality.
- Check content for adherence to appropriate reading-level and
spot checking reading levels as necessary.
- Rewrite content and assessment as necessary under the direction
of and with approval from the Senior Content Manager and
- Adhere to style guide and guidelines set forth by company,
accrediting bodies, and other sources.
- Use expected learning outcomes and objectives to ensure
assessments are effective.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Previous editing or proofreading experience is
required. Instructional Design experience and assessment writing
experience a plus.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, HTML
and CSS, and Articulate a preferred plus.
Certificates & Licenses: None
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, production-based
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Must have a love for creating great products.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 250,000 students
each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible,
career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since
1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the
acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work
toward their career and life goals. Backed by Bain Capital Double
Impact and together with our extensive partner network of leading
employers, community-based organizations, and academic
institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce
thats prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses
thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing
communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are
proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our
graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they
inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and
broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working
toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package
that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous
paid time off, paid charity days, parking & commuter benefits, a
401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Penn Foster, Scranton , Production Editor, Advertising , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!