Special Education Teacher - K-6 Elementary (NY)
Company: Excellence Community Schools
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit
organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to
prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top
public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their
intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional, and ethical
development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx
Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence
(Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplishes this by
offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at
the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We
achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all
times has high expectations of our students.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and
committed to student success and education reform. Qualified
candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of
personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to
ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual
must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see
collaboration as a key component of success.
- New York State Special Education Teacher Certification
- At least 2 years of teaching experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be
- Collaborates and provides instruction for small groups and
- Collaborates with necessary personnel to identify and support
students who are considered "at-risk."
- Collaborates with classroom teachers to design and execute
individualized education plans for students with special
- Utilizes developmentally appropriate and rigorous curricula and
instructional materials that are tightly aligned to benchmarks and
the Common Core State standards.
- Presents students with new ideas and concepts through a variety
of strategies, and inspires and guides them to explore, express and
uncover new ideas of their own.
- Modifies existing instructional plans as necessary to
accommodate individual student's special needs.
- Administers, collects, and analyzes both qualitative and
quantitative data gathered from a variety of assessments.
- Builds relationships with his or her students' families through
regular communication about at risk/ IEP students' progress and
provides ways in which families can support their children's
- Participates in school-wide student assessments in order to
diagnose students' needs.
- Provides resources and supports for classroom teachers to
implement intervention strategies.
- Refers students when necessary for special services.
- Participates in meetings to develop and review Individual
Education Plans and suggest appropriate supports.
- Keeps organized records of student progress and provides
- Knowledgeable about Special Education law and advocates for
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit
www.excellencecommunityschools.org or www.bronxexcellence.org.
Keywords: Excellence Community Schools, Scranton , Special Education Teacher - K-6 Elementary (NY), Education / Teaching , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!