Early Learning Center Lead Teacher - 68 State St
Company: Healthy Kids Programs
Posted on: September 24, 2022
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A GROWING ORGANIZATION AND WORK WITH
KIDS!Early Learning Center Lead Classroom Teacher (Daycare)
REPORTS TO: Director of NYS Early Learning Program, Healthy Kids
Extended Day ProgramDIRECT REPORTS: Daycare Program staffJOB
STATUS: NON EXEMPTCALENDAR: Part time, year round,LOCATION: 68
State St LibertyPAY RATE: $16/hr Lead
JOB CONSISTS OF:
- Developing weekly plans, and implements age appropriate lesson
plans using the Creative Curriculum to nurture and stimulate all
domains of children's development in their care.
- Create positive adult/child interactions using the CLASS
- Assures the education, health, welfare and safety of the
children enrolled in their classroom and the center as a whole
- Maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/ caregivers
via Brightwheel App, email and in-person meetings.
- Perform on-going developmental evaluations of children and plan
periodical parent conferences to discuss children's developmental
progress, needs and interests.
- Assist families with children's transitions from toddler to
preschool and from preschool to kindergarten.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely family and agency
records; including daily meal and attendance records.
- Ensures that the Childcare Assistant is kept updated in all
matters concerning the classroom and program, i.e. meetings, lesson
plans, policies & procedures, training received.
- Provides functional training and guidance to staff, interns,
substitutes and volunteers assigned to the classroom.
- Participate in on-going in-service and educational development
opportunities provided by Healthy Kids.
QUALIFICATIONS:To be qualified as a Daycare Director, a person must
possess either:(i) (a) a Bachelor's degree, including or in
addition to, 12 credits in EarlyChildhood, Child Development, or a
related field; and(b) one year full time teaching experience in a
childcare center, familyor group family daycare home or other early
childhood program; and,(c) one year of experience supervising staff
in a child care program ora related field of work,or(ii) (a) a NYS
Children's Program Administrator Credential; and , (b) oneyear full
time teaching experience in a child care center, family orGroup
family child care or other early childhood program; and(iii) (a) an
Associates degree in Early Childhood or related field with s plan
of study leading to:(1) A Bachelor's degree or,(2) A NYS Children's
Program Administrator Credential,(b) two years full time teaching
experience in a child care center,Family or group family child care
home, or other early childhoodprogram , and(c) two years experience
supervising staff in a child care program or a Related field of
work, or(iv) (a) a Child Development Associate Credential with a
plan of study Leading to:(1) A Bachelor's degree or(2) A NYS
Children's Program Administrator Credential,and(b)two years full
time teaching experience in a child care center,Family or group
family child care home, or other early childhoodProgram,(c) two
years of experience supervising staff in a child care program or a
related field of work.
Must also possess:
- Excellent customer service and parent communication
- Track record working as a team and helping to create a team
oriented work environment.
- Commitment to delivering an excellent program and managing
- Must pass full background check including fingerprinting and
- Professional, reliable and prompt, warm, friendly, caring and
- Excellent time management skills.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYMENT"Healthy Kid Programs is an equal opportunity employer
that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race,
color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.This
policy applies to all employment practices within our organization,
including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and
apprenticeship. Healthy Kids Programs makes hiring decisions based
solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For more information, visit: healthykidsprograms.com"
Keywords: Healthy Kids Programs, Scranton , Early Learning Center Lead Teacher - 68 State St, Education / Teaching , Liberty, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!