Company: Susque-View Home
Location: Lock Haven
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Susque-View Home - Susque View Home located in Lock Haven, PA is
looking for -CNA Instructor to join our team. -
The CNA Instructor will be responsible to provide students with the
skills necessary to meet the physical, physiological, and
psychological needs of a patient. The objective of the CNA
instructor is to help students to build knowledge and clinical
skills aimed at passing the PA State Licensing Exam and being
emotionally prepared to work in a facility. The Certified Nurses
Aid course is comprised of 90 hours: 50 instructional hours, and 40
clinical laboratory hours.
Competitive Salary -
PTO - Holiday, Sick and Vaccation
Medical, Dental and Vission Insurance
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities
Develop CNA course curricula in compliance with state requirements
and assist College in obtaining approval for program
- Teach CNA training program using the course curriculum in
conjunction with training on the required skills assessment in the
clinical lab setting.
- Evaluate and document students' progress through testing,
observation, and assessment of skills attained.
- Apply knowledge of the fundamentals of the nursing process, the
standards of care, and sound decision making and judgement in
educational activities involving all levels of
- patient care personnel within the training program.
- Make learning engaging for students, including facilitation of
class discussions and skills instruction.
- Set student expectations and communicate clearly with the
students and encourage student participation.
- Ensure students are keeping up with curriculum and
- Maintain accurate records on all students to include student
files, attendance records, course requirements regarding hours of
instruction, and exam pass rates.
- Assist students in registering for the state CNA Licensing
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher in the nursing field
- Registered professional nurse currently licensed by the PA
State Board of Nursing
- Must have successfully completed a training workshop offered by
the PA State Department of Health for Instructors/Evaluators
becoming DOH Certified Nurse Aide Instructor.
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification (preferred)
- Three years of full-time, or full time equivalent, clinical
experience in a health care facility.
- Two years teaching experience (preferred).
Competencies and Skills Required
- Strong communication skills, enthusiastic, good public
Patient, confident, compassionate, flexible, positive attitude.
Program advocate, committed to students' success, can understand
Ability to direct and pace interaction with the class, uses humor
Can read audience and adjust accordingly
Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
Ability to work with individuals of varied education levels,
experience, social and economic backgrounds
Ability to remain discreet with student and staff information
Commitment to service a diverse student population
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability and willingness to travel to other campuses as needed
Flexibility of schedule
Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
Keywords: Susque-View Home, Scranton , CNA Instructor, Education / Teaching , Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!