Company: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Do you want to join a dedicated team on a mission to transform
how 1800Flowers is managing its data? 1800Flowers is looking to
build a data platform that will support rapid data discovery,
delivery and enable innovative analytics. Are you well-rounded
enterprise data architect who loves new challenges and ready to
embrace the complexities of retail data and play a meaningful role
on an innovative team? Then join us here at 1800Flowers, where we
can provide you with the opportunity to do all those things! This
is an exciting role for someone who has the right skills to be part
of a dynamic team looking to redefine how we manage data. Job
- Be responsible for crafting, building and maintaining our next
generation data platform built on Snowflake.
- Continue to analyze the current state of the existing data
architecture of various systems - software components,
technologies, data models and business processes.
- Build future state of data architecture that will align and
support the goals and priorities of the entire Enterprise
- Generate data management artifacts: data models, diagrams,
architecture topologies, roadmaps and plans for implementation and
rollout of new technologies into existing architecture.
- Develop robust, scalable, resilient and secure data
architecture solutions that improve institutional data assets.
- Closely collaborate with various IT teams, Analytics team and
business stakeholders in devising data strategies and solutions
across the enterprise.
- Develop deep understanding of enterprise data flows, data
sources and data consumers.
- Propose and enforce data management best practices, data
standards, data management policies, and rules across different
disciplines of the company.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements
optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater
- Works on unique architectures where there might be no previous
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- End-to-end data management experience, understands the
complexities of a large company enterprise data architecture.
- Solid experience with enterprise data management solutions and
- Good experience with data model design (conceptual, logical,
physical), strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL and
- Experience in big data solutions such as Snowflake, Big Query
and other non-traditional big data software.
- Experience in data lake architectures and solutions.
- Understands cloud vs. on-prem architectures and advantages vs.
- Strong in gaining knowledge in new technologies and conduct
proof of concepts of well-established and innovative enterprise
- Experience with development and implementation of data services
- Data security solutions across entire data pipeline.
- Ability to analyze complex data flows and propose optimization
- Ability to communicate data architecture concepts to technical
and non-technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, written and
verbal communication skills, time management and is efficient at
prioritizing deadlines and goals.
- Maintain healthy vendor relationships and may help drive vendor
Keywords: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC., Scranton , Data Architect/Engineer, Engineering , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!