Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianFirst Student, the largest provider
of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a Fleet
Technician!First Student is proud to offer:
- $25 - $30 hourly wages are based on experience & qualifications
- $3,000 sign-on bonus*
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches, and other repairs under direct
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver s license required.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic s toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test.Apply today to join our
team!*Conditions apply. Offer expires 12/30/21First Student (a
division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of school
transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across the US
and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe,
reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million
students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and
operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.FirstGroup is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed
to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Associated topics: field, floor, grounds, hardscaper, laborer, land
fill, maintenance, resurface, rug, superintendent
Keywords: First Group, Scranton , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Engineering , Youngsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!