Diesel Mechanic Technician
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are currently hiring an Diesel Mechanic in Scranton, PA!$2500
Sign On Bonus
Pay: $21.50 Depending on ExperienceHours: 3:00pm-11:30pmDays of
Call or Text MARTINA @ 305.773.7011
Looking for someone who wants to GROW and STAY with Ryder
System.Paid WEEKLY, Life Insurance, Vacation, and other great
benefits.Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers
great pay, benefits and incentives?Do you want to work on new
trucks using state of the art tools?Do you want a rewarding career
with one of the largest transportation companies in the
If you answered "Yes" to these questions, you've got to check out
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Paid Weekly!
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Medical, Dental and Optical Insurance effective 30 days from
- Life and Disability Insurances!
- 401K Savings Plan with Ryder matching contributions!
- Legal Plans
- Discount on purchase of Ryder Common Stock!
- Employee Discounts on Automotive, Mobile plans, Travel and
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your
Under close supervision, the Tech II Diesel Mech (Regulated)
position performs minor to average routine maintenance and repair
services on different types of vehicles.
Works with the assistance of a T3, T4, TIC, SS or SM, when
performing highly technical and superior diagnostic type repairs.
Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage
development in a productive manner.
The T2 Technician performs minor to average repairs and routine
maintenance under limited supervision. The T2 may be assigned to
work/train directly with a T3 or T4.Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some
- Must possess state license as required
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In
order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
yearsImportant Note: Additional requirements may be required in
different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems,
utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform
repairs as required
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature
of complaint once assigned a task
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate
compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Performs other support duties as required to support
operations. These could include but are not limited to Service
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Ryder, Scranton , Diesel Mechanic Technician, Engineering , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!