2nd Shift -Packing Room Mechanic
Company: Wise Snacks
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description2nd shift (4pm-12am Midnight) Mandatory
Overtime$22.15 Plus $4,000 Retention BonusThe 2nd Class Packing
Room Maintenance Mechanic must have a basic knowledge of mechanical
principles, electrical circuits and also have potential trade or
craft ability.This position also requires the following minimal
qualifications:Physical- Required lifting in excess of 50 lbs,
bending, stooping, performing work in confined spaces, climbing
ladders and working from lifts.Mechanical- Basic knowledge and
skill in the use of the following:
- Basic Mechanics hand tools- Wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers,
- Power tools- Hand drills, portable saws, grinders, cutoff
- Machine shop equipment- Lathes, milling machine, grinders,
drill presses, band saws, hydraulic shear and press break.
- Lubrication- Use and maintenance of oil and grease levels on
- Measuring equipment- Tape measure, dial calipers and
scalesElectrical- Basic knowledge and the skills of the following:
- Troubleshooting AC and DC electrical circuits
- Must be able to read and follow electrical drawings.
- Use of the applicable tools and equipment required to make
repairs.Welding- Basic knowledge and skill in the following:
Fabrication- Basic knowledge of the principles involved in material
- ARC, TIG and MIG
- Acetylene torch cuttingSafety- Knowledge of fire prevention
practices, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety rules, regulations and
practices with regard to personal safety and the safety of others
in the immediate work area. Installation and removal of equipment.
Operate company vehicles.
- Operate lift trucks, platform lifts and articulating boom
- Repairing, rebuilding and maintaining packaging room
- The 2nd Class Packing Room Mechanic will work under the
supervision of a higher grade mechanic or the shift supervisor and
the duties required will consist of the following:GMP- Work and
comply with the company GMP standards.About Wise:Wise Foods Inc.
(or AC Food and Snacks) is a leading producer of salty snacks with
a long heritage. Founded in 1921, Wise is a brand of tradition and
authenticity that consumers have come to know and trust over the
last 100 years. We market our products under some of the most
recognizable brand names in the salty snack industry, including
Wise, Cheez Doodles, New York Deli, Bravos, Deep River and Carolina
Country Snacks. We are fully owned by Arca Continental, the second
largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America and one of the largest
in the world. We invite you to explore growing your career with
Wise!To search for other job opportunities, go to
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Wise Snacks, Scranton , 2nd Shift -Packing Room Mechanic, Engineering , Berwick, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!