Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Mechanical Engineer is responsible for
solving complex problems and technical issues involving the
company's products orprocesses. The incumbent will be a major
contributor, applying extensive knowledge of principles, theories,
concepts and internalpractices, processes, and products. Following
the lead engineer on significant projects with a major impact on
the company'sperformance.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Present information and effectively communicate with managers
and cross-functional team members.
- Develop portions of new product development. Generate new ideas
- Maintain awareness of advances in technology and competitive
- Limited inter-organizational and outside customer
- Provide recommendations for equipment and solution
- Leverage internal and external experts to accomplish
- Methodical Problem Solving: uses a systematic approach (builds
mental models, designs experiments, develops test tools, etc) in
understanding and solving problems and developing solutions.
- Participate as part of a development team, contribute during
conceptual design and architectural strategic planning sessions,
provide in-depth technical input and analysis, perform mechanical
reviews, and actively participate as part of the overall
- Provide on-going enhancements and mechanical maintenance for
multiple simultaneous projects.
- Produce in-line documentation in compliance with Avery Dennison
- Skills/Techniques: proficient in using design techniques,
trouble shooting skills; easily makes technology choices; good
technical and mechanical development background.
- Other duties, as assigned by management.Qualifications
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university, in the field of
Mechanical Engineering, or an AS degree in a similar technical
field with work experience, or equivalent practical work
- Demonstrated experience in new product development and stage
gate product development processes.
- Strong knowledge with CAD systems for design, detailing and
- Develop Bills of Materials with material specifications for
purchasing and manufacturing products.
- Experience working with machine shop, production assembly team
to resolve manufacturing issues in a timely manner.
- Experience with RoHS and Reach requirements for regulatory
- Experience assembling designs, testing (Fit, Form and Function)
and troubleshooting designs.
- An understanding of the overall mechanical development life
cycle of components for component selection.
- Excellent analytical capability with the expertise to research
and apply logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and the Google
online suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a self-starter
with outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a diverse team with
diverse cultures across multiple geographic locations.
- A passion for delivering high-quality solutions.
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Scranton , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Sayre, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!