Company: CANPACK Group
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Automation Engineer is the subject matter expert for
high-volume, high-speed manufacturing processes in all areas of
automation and machine/process controls. Ensure operational
stability, efficiency, and security of automation systems and
Essential Functions/Key Deliverables
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain automation hardware, operating
systems and application software to drive plant KPIs.
- Troubleshoot and lend technical support for automated
manufacturing processes and equipment including line control and
- Specify and procure related replacement parts and maintenance
- Assess available options for technology and equipment
throughout various areas of manufacturing operations.
- Evaluate and test new or modified software programs and
software development procedures used to verify that programs
function according to user requirements and established
- Assist in the procurement; integrate new equipment and
modification of automation software and equipment for material
handling, production processing and packaging equipment.
- Create and maintain hardware documentation for all automation
- Develop new programs, modify, or edit existing programs for
process control, robotics, and HMI's.
- Maintain and control current back up programs for all control
processors, robotics, HMI's, and data systems.
- Conduct necessary technology research and provide
- Installs and configures new hardware and software and provide
user training and support as necessary Knowledge/Skills/Experience
- Associate or Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent knowledge and
- Minimum 5-8 years programming and troubleshooting experience
with PLC automation and related controls
- Must have process/production experience in a high-speed
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, project management and
- Extensive knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC systems and Systems
- Proficient in programming and modification of new and existing
PLC's and HMI's
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, including
staff, vendors, and management
- Ability to prioritize and interpret work requests and work
- Ability to develop training material and provide training to
management, technicians, and users
- Minimum intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Office
If you are a current CANPACK employee, please apply through your
CANPACK Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic
protected by law or not related to job requirements, unless such
distinction is required by law.
Keywords: CANPACK Group, Scranton , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Olyphant, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...