Company: The AZEK Company
Posted on: August 27, 2020
POSITION: ThePlant Managerposition is a managerial role heading
up a plant's operations and manufacturing.
- Assures compliance with company requirements for product
quality, efficiency, logistics, inventory levels, safety and
environmental demands to assure a safe working environment and
quality products are achieved.
- Maintain a clear understanding of plant capacity vs. actual
plant production output by collecting and tracking various data
through the production areas within the Business Unit.
- Practices strong engagement with direct reports and team
members including accepting diversity of ideas and thoughts,
sharing responsibility for success, demonstrating honesty and
integrity, helping employees solve problems and showing
- Makes changes in processes and systems involving operations,
production manufacturing and maintenance to reduce operating costs
and limit operational delays.
- Develop and utilize KPI's/visual management on the shop
- Collaborates closely with Engineering, Maintenance, Quality and
Supply Chain to ensure all quality standards, practices, testing
and metrics are administered and adhered to as required to meet
- Develop strategies and tactics for improving operational
efficiencies, optimizing inventory levels and maximizing
- Proactively communicates to supervisor any areas of concern
(eg. production, staffing, employee relations) that may hinder the
company from attaining expected results and proactively develops
- Conducts Performance management and development activities to
assure a highly motivated team. Coach, counsel and mentor all
- Oversees equipment installs and associated startups.---
Complies with reporting requirements for fixed inventory and
- Assumes fiscal and budgetary responsibility for assigned
department expense.--- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to
include 5S, TPM and other Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Understands and follows all company policies& procedures.
Maintains consistent adherence to AZEK's Core Values
Education: Bachelor's degree in business/engineering or equivalent
combination of education, training and experience.
- 15-20+ years professional experience with 7+ years of
experience in manufacturing leadership. Experience taking product
from development to market.
- Demonstrated success in same or similar role, with a focus on
managing personnel and processes. Siding, Composite, and/or
plastics processing experience, preferred.
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of JDE, a plus.
- Proven ability to develop, lead and direct manufacturing
personnel. In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and
- Proficient in understanding/interpreting the company"s
financials and proven experience in the budgeting process. Success
in planning, executing and managing projects.
- Precise and articulate in written and oral communication.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative
situations. Demonstrates individual and group presentation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively to all levels and audiences. Proven ability to
understand and deliver against customer expectations and
requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to get results with and through
people. Ability to clearly delegate assignments and broadly shares
responsibility and accountability.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and proven success in
building and leading a high-functioning team.
- Must be self-directed and motivated and able to multi-task in
fast-paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Knowledge of SAP/JD Edwards. Certifications& Licenses: Valid
Drivers License Other Requirements: Must possess well developed
people skills, general business aptitude, general
Keywords: The AZEK Company, Scranton , Plant Manager, Executive , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!