Host Success Manager
Posted on: April 8, 2021
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows owners of
underutilized swimming pools to monetize their pools' downtime by
sharing them locally by the hour. Think Airbnb, but for swimming
How We Started
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12
siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat,
Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance in
exchange for some pool time. Before long, others in the community
cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit.
The rest is history.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional
to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic
community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances
quality of life for the average family. Our current focus is on
swimming pools but we will incrementally expand the platform to
include all kinds of underutilized spaces (so long as they're
We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more
meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized
assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and
simultaneously fosters community.
We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything
with the tap of a button -from their very own tennis court or
swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of
their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredible rapid growth (4,000% YoY), largely
driven by customer love, word-of-mouth and robust media coverage.
In just the last six months, over 3,000 pools have been listed in
the US, over 45,000 transactions have been completed (up from 1,000
transactions in 2019), and over 200,000 swimmers have enjoyed a
At Swimply, we think of our hosts as our #1 priority as they are
the core of our community. Our hosts on the platform are the ones
who drive our business.
In this role, you will be responsible for the success of the
Swimply Host community through education and optimization with
daily engagement with Swimply hosts. Your goal is to help onboard
them onto the platform, learn hosting best practices, and help them
maximize their earnings potential on Swimply.
- You will optimize the Swimply host base through outreach
(email, phone calls, SMS) to help them become aware of how to best
use Swimply and the value our platform can bring to them.
- We want all of our hosts to be fully educated on how to best
list and rent their pools to maximize their profits and ours. You
will be educating hosts on Swimply best practices and how they can
improve and optimize their pool listings. You ensure that host
listings (description, pricing, and availability) are optimized to
maximize customer conversion and provide great experiences.
- You will work with hosts to ensure availability of their pools
(both extended hours & daily availability) to prepare for high
demand and peak season periods.
- Your and Swimply's success is tied to operating in a
highly-collaborative way. You will be partnering with Regional
Market Managers as well as Marketing, Customer Service, Product and
Engineering teams in order to coordinate and execute faster. You
will share your learnings and best practices during weekly
meetings, including sharing feedback from the host community in
- You execute with urgency and roll up your sleeves to get the
job done. No task is too small for you as you're solely focused on
growing a thriving host community in your region. When you see an
opportunity, you go for it.
- You will take part in virtual events geared to educating and
- During Swimply's seasonal surge or peak hours, you may be
expected to roll up your sleeves and handle any issues that need to
be resolved including handling CS support tickets whether it be a
guest or host issue (AKA all hands on deck).
- Great communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate
through a variety of channels including, email, phone, in person,
- Previous experience in a Account Management and/or Customer
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Detail oriented
- Good decision making abilities
- Comfortable using technology and systems
- Collaborative and a team player
- Professional, courteous, and ideally inspiring
- You bring energy and hustle to your roles, and don't limit
yourself to "how things have always been done". You carve new paths
to prove that there's a better way.
- Propensity to ask insightful questions, conduct thorough
research, and understand both high-level strategy and ground-level
- Strong aptitude to effectively prioritize work and focus on
achieving clearly defined goals.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
that is fully distributed
- Self Starter, you have an idea or task and you get it done by
asking for help and/or figuring things out.
Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of
extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We
aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness
in the world for local communities.
It's an excellent time to join because
- You'll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact
at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship
- You'll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground
up, including influencing our company culture, core values, and who
we end up hiring
- You'll significantly influence the business and product roadmap
as we scale
- You'll experience massive growth opportunities as the company
grows and matures
- You'll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard,
plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools ), and is in
service to our community of hosts and guests
- You'll be working directly with the founders and an executive
team that has startup experience and scaled billion dollar
- We offer competitive market salaries, equity and benefits
(including medical, dental, life insurance)
Keywords: Swimply, Scranton , Host Success Manager, Executive , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!