Company: Police Athletic League, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Police Athletic League (PAL) is the largest independent
youth organization in New York City that provides educational and
recreational activities for children and young adults. PAL Inc. and
The New York City Police Department work in partnership to provide
communities with summer and after-school recreational and
We are looking for an Assistant Director (AD) will work actively to
ensure that the day-to-day operations of the center are consistent
with the school-based model as they relate to the program areas
ensuring that program objectives and outcomes are met and that
staff is supervised. The Assistant Director will also engage in
well-defined teaching/training opportunities with children and/or
young adults. Additionally, the AD will identify and develop
site-specific age-appropriate curriculum and lessons for the after
school and summer camp programs.
Location: Goldie Maple Academy Beacon
365 Beach 57th St - Serving Rockaway Peninsula
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the After
School Program, Summer Camp, and other special programs involving
participants in the School.
- In conjunction with the Center Director, plan, organize, and
manage special events as assigned by the Director of School-Based
Centers or Center Director, or as planned by on-site staff.
- Assist in designing and implementing holiday programming.
- Supervise the day-to-day functions of the programming.
- Oversee the Work Learn Grow and SYEP Programs in a manner that
supports the supervisor of the program and ensures that on-site
programmatic and operational needs are met.
- Collect and review weekly, monthly, written and verbal reports
as requested by program staff. Also, submit same as requested by
the Center Director
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the school
administration, NYC Department of Health, Office of Food and
Nutrition Services, and other agencies as appropriate.
- Develop relationships with parents through parent involvement
activities and regular communication.
- In coordination with the administrative assistant, review daily
attendance sheets, timesheets, and worksheets and present to the
Center Director for signature and submission to the Payroll
- Participate in hiring educational, support, and program staff
with the School-Based Center Director.
- Assure the quality of the programming through job orientation,
regular staff supervision, program evaluation, staff training,
program development, etc.
- Evaluate staff performance in December, June, and August.
- Maintain and ensure that all administrative details of the
program are implemented: updating daycare and summer camp
certificates, program registration, student application/enrollment
forms, fee collection, attendance, employee documentation, and
update and maintain staff handbook, supply ordering, etc.
- Ensure that incident reports (accidents, injuries,
altercations, etc.) are submitted no later than the date of
- Review reports and provide copies to the center director and
office manager for record-keeping purposes.
- In the absence of the Director, represent PAL in meetings,
school and outside of the agency.
- Provide Administrative coverage in the absence of the
School-Based Center Director.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the principal and
designated school staff. Ensure school goals and needs are
reflected in PAL programming.
- Create activity plans. Assist Teachers and Activity Specialists
with effective delivery of lessons.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the School-Based Center
- A Bachelor's degree preferred from an accredited college or
university in Administration, Recreation, Psychology, Sociology,
Education, Counseling, or a related field.
- A minimum of three years professional paid work experience in a
non-profit youth or social service agency in an administrative or
- The Assistant Director reports directly to the School-Based
No calls, please. External recruiters and agents, please don't
contact this job poster.
Police Athletic League seeks to hire staff who reflect the
diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at PAL are
filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Police Athletic League, Inc., Scranton , Assistant Director, Executive , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!