Transitioning Military Service Members, Operations Management (13 Locations Available)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Chewy, the fastest growing e-commerce business in the market today,
is seeking passionate and self-motivated Transitioning Military
Service Members to join our growing Operations team. If you have a
relentless drive, proven leadership skills, and a quantitative
mindset ready for a new challenge to accelerate your personal
growth, Chewy may be the right environment to enhance your career
success while boldly innovating how we "wow" our customers and team
members. Our leaders are critical in executing fast paced, high
volume operations to ensure Chewy is taking care of the people who
take care of pets. Do you have what it takes for this once in a
What You'll Do:
- Provide hands-on, field-based leadership while progressing
through assignments as an Area Manager with 45 team members.
- Manage the inbound, outbound, and inventory control activities
within one of our Fulfillment Centers (FC) to ensure timely
picking, packing, and shipping of customer orders while maintaining
on-time shipments and minimal shipment defects.
- Cultivate and maintain a safe work environment for all team
members within our Fulfillment Centers.
- Mentor, train, and develop your fellow team members to support
career progression and learning.
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in
the FC to provide feedback, drive change, and stay focused on the
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost, and
delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the
- Assist with design, development, and maintenance of ongoing
metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business
- Analyze and solve problems at their root while simultaneously
stepping back to understand the broader context.
What You'll Need:
- Extensive military leadership experience, serving as an E5 with
2 years time in grade, SNCO, or Officer.
- Proven experience of effectively managing large groups of 35 or
more team members.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
at the tactical and strategic levels.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part
of a team.
- Strong project management and continuous improvement
- Successful candidates must have the flexibility to work NIGHTS
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable
- Must be able to stand and /or walk for up to 10 hours
- Must be willing to travel (10%)
What Separates You From The Pack:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Certification or experience in Lean Six Sigma
- Unwavering curiosity, a bias for action, and the drive to
- A passion for winning and an understanding that you can always
- Proven ability to look for solutions in unconventional ways.
Seeing opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
- Ability to work with shifting deadlines in a fast-paced, high
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace
diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here: ).
Keywords: Chewy, Scranton , Transitioning Military Service Members, Operations Management (13 Locations Available), Executive , Jessup, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!