Manager - Engineering & Construction
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About The Role
The Manager-Engineering and Construction manages vital team members
who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects
homeowners, small business, enterprise, and carrier partners across
the United States. This position is accountable for the successful
Engineering, Design and construction for executing Windstream
projects. This position has authority to allocate resources and
make engineering and construction decisions for the assigned areas
in accordance with Company Policies, Standards, Guidelines and
Commitments. This position is responsible for the successful
Installation of Aerial, Buried and Underground Cables per
Specifications including operating within Safety Guidelines.
Candidate must possess the ability to manage multiple
construction/engineering jobs simultaneously and meet the job
in-service dates. The candidate must be self-motivated and have the
ability to interface with other departments within Windstream on a
daily basis as required. The Manager and their team care about
technology and connecting customers to products they value. The
Manager and their team will create meaningful connections with
customers that create long-term relationships.
Accountable for the engineering, construction, quality, schedule
and controlling cost on assigned jobs. This position is responsible
for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise of
tools/processes to support engineering and construction project
execution. Must be able to reconcile engineering and construction
activities; then, manage changes during the engineering and
construction processes as required. A strong understanding and
knowledge of engineering and construction practices as well as
organizational skills is a must. Accountable for managing the
overall project execution performance including scope, engineering,
cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer
What You'll Do
- Provide direction to employees concerning outside plant
Construction, Engineering and/or maintenance activities.
- Manage a diverse Work Group which includes scheduling Call Out
Teams for after Hour issues including Holidays and Emergencies and
- Hold Weekly Meetings with Direct Reports to discuss Engineering
and Construction Activities.
- Visit Jobs under Construction and validate workmanship.
- Be available for Management Calls and Meetings as
- Review all Job Request prior to approving and manage to be
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Be acceptable for additional responsibilities as required.
- Exercises sound judgement in selecting engineering techniques
for obtaining solutions. Attend Training as required to stay
abreast of new Technology.
- Responsible for planning, analysis, recommendations, work
guidance or deviations in support of new construction of outside
plant network structures and facilities. Including fiber to the
premise (FTTP) and any new technology requirements.
- Construction activities may be related to new facilities or
modification of existing facilities.
- Oversees the wireline engineering and construction projects to
ensure projects are complete and within budget.
- Primary contact for problem resolutions.
- Be involved as required with Materials Coordinator for
verifying Materials for Jobs.
- Must be able to take corrective action as necessary with issues
that come to this position internal and external.
- Promote and participate in continuous Safety and Training
- Promote a culture of innovative solutions that embodies
accountability and efficiency.
- Be open to change and support Company Policies.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to
- Identify and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add
- Adhere to the Company's goals and objectives.
- Assume additional tasks as requested by management.
- Will report to the Staff Manager while having several Direct
- Be accountable for Team Productivity.
- Make sure Equipment is operated and serviced according to
- Report any Equipment issues to Staff Manager when aware.
- Make suggestions to Management for the Betterment of
- Travel required up-to 50% of time in assigned area of
responsibility and overnight stays as needed. Also, may be required
to deploy to another State for Engineering and or Constructing
Fiber Builds with as much time away as 1-3 Weeks.
Do You Have?
- Ability to apply broad knowledge on a variety of vendor
- Ability to apply broad knowledge of outside plant and outside
plant electronics disciplines.
- Ability to lead a group of individual contributors in order to
accomplish the goals of the department.
- Candid and authentic communication style
- Ability to effectively lead and provide managerial insight and
direction to a technically oriented Engineering and Construction
workforce dealing with multiple projects driven by diverse customer
- College Degree and 5-7 years of experience with 2+ years
supervisory experience within Engineering and Construction.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment
onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all the
following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor
vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and
- Ability to coordinate multiple diverse projects while
maintaining budgetary emphasis.
- Familiarity with PC and software to include CAD and
- OSHA Training, NEC Training. Certifications within the Telecom
- Knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
- 7+ years of relevant (OSP/ISP telecommunication industry)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Keywords: Windstream, Scranton , Manager - Engineering & Construction, Executive , Muncy, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!