Field Sales Manager
Company: Milk Makeup
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Welcome to the MILK MAKEUP FAM:
At Milk Makeup, we believe in good ingredients + epic payoff. We're
cruelty-free, paraben-free, and 100% vegan.We were born at Milk, a
creative studio in downtown New York City. Our community and
culture have always been our inspiration.We see personal style and
experimentation as the ultimate form of self-expression. It's not
just about how you create your look; it's what you do in it that
- Naturally progressive: You're curious and always thinking about
how to improve your and your community's future. You value a
forward-thinking space that encourages you to move the needle and
- Confident but chill: You're flexible and ready to get the job
done, but you're humble and make moves thoughtfully. You go after
what you want, but always have your team and the greater good of
the brand in mind.
- Rule breaker: You're not afraid of the unknown. You're down to
disrupt the status quo and believe that an open mind is always a
good place to start.
- Inclusive + mindful of community: You embrace differences and
help foster a safe working environment for yourself and your
- Champion of self-expression: You're genuinely you. You live
your look and want to grow with people who champion
The Role: We are looking for a passionate team leader, brand
advocate, beauty industry expert, and creative problem solver. The
ideal candidate will be someone who can advocate for the field and
operate at the corporate level to drive sales targets, implement
strategic programs, brainstorm engaging event strategy and be hyper
focused on brand initiatives.
You should have experience directing and leading a team of Account
Executives (AEs) and outside contractors (Freelance Sales Trainers,
Beauty Barrage Advisors). Someone with strong expertise in
consistently achieving and exceeding volume goals through
motivational team leadership, sales and business analysis, planning
and execution, budget management, people management/development and
an understanding of retail partner expectations and culture. Innate
ability to motivate and coach to achieve goals, as well as recruit
and retain top talent.
How you'll THRIVE Sales & Business Analysis
- Represent the field in corporate decision making, business
principles; annual planning, budget development, retail sales
- Analyze retail sales by territory, by door, weekly, monthly and
quarterly; inform, celebrate and coach teams based on
- Review category and product sales weekly, monthly and
- Proactively create, implement and drive market-by-market
strategies that will meet and exceed retail plans.
- Participate in building fiscal retail projections by door.
Partner with the VP of Retail, VP of Planning & Director of
Education and Development to meet financial expectations of the
- Partner with VP of Retail & Director of Education and
Development to develop freelance, and travel & entertainment
budgets. Direct field accountability of budgets.
- Collaborate in determining territory alignment and store
responsibility for AEs.
Directing & Leading Field Team
- Direct and guide AEs in all areas of business including visit
optimization, budget accountability, training and presentations
skills, artistry skills, meeting skills, freelance management,
selling skills, event execution, relationship building.
- Create quarterly action plans for each AE in the region.
- Supervise the AE calendars to achieve sales + education
priorities, focus door coverage and event strategies; ensure brand
presence is implemented consistently and cohesively throughout all
- Recruit, interview and develop the AE's in partnership with
Vice President Retail and HR.
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews of the AEs in
partnership with the VP of Retail & HR.
- Participate with AE's in conducting meetings to include Store
Directors, District Managers and Regionals when beneficial for
development and relationship building; oversee brand business
review process with AE's and strategize for business improvement
- Partner with Director, Education & Development to ensure field
execution of product education and seasonal education programs,
category sales opportunities and field development programs.
- Recruit top talent as deemed needed to best serve the business;
initiate and organize the onboarding of new AE's.
- Drive retail sales, education, in-store relationships and
overall communication within the region through leadership of
Internal Partnerships & Communication
- Partner, align and communicate regularly with Retail EDU teams
and Director, EDU & Development to ensure optimal flow of
information to field, understanding of retailer priorities and
perfect execution of programs.
- Align with marketing to ensure brand initiatives are
understood, supported and reinforced at the field level.
- Communicate field successes, challenges and needs at the
- Partner and collaborate to define brand initiatives and
opportunities, then communicate drive with the field and retail
We'd like YOU to have:
- Bachelor's degree and/or comparable 5+ years of regional
management experience, preferably in cosmetics industry
- Outstanding leadership qualities and proven ability to develop,
inspire, lead team to achieve sales performance
- Proficient at sales analysis and strategic planning based on
- Proven multi-market management experience
- Understanding of and experience working with Sephora
- Ability to analyze and manage a budget
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong aptitude for product knowledge, brand messaging,
artistry and business management
- Computer literate - outlook, excel, word, powerpoint
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, committed, tenacious and goal-oriented
- Energetic and passionate with an entrepreneurial, flexible
- Positive, professional and enthusiastic "can-do" attitude
- Ability to travel, Driver's license
Keywords: Milk Makeup, Scranton , Field Sales Manager, Executive , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!