Managing Director, Investor Solutions
Company: JUST Capital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JUST Capital is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to build
an economy that works for all Americans by helping companies
improve how they serve all their stakeholders - workers, customers,
communities, the environment, and shareholders. We believe that
business and markets can and must be a greater force for good, and
that by shifting the resources of the $19 trillion private sector,
we can address systemic issues at scale, including economic
inequality, racial inequity, and climate change. Guided by the
priorities of the public, our research, rankings, programs, and
initiatives help measure and advance corporate performance in the
JUST Capital is seeking a seasoned, creative leader to build and
spearhead all our investor and finance-related work. This role
reports directly to the CEO, and is responsible for the vision and
implementation of our investor partnerships and products, including
how JUST continues to lead in the fast-growing ESG space, and how
we leverage our data, insights, and relationships across the
market. This role will also be responsible for thinking about what
and how investor strategies can drive our mission forward to
accelerate the flow of investment capital towards more just
companies, and to encourage companies to follow just business
practices. JUST Capital's work and partnerships within the
financial services and investment management industry is a critical
element of our mission and strategy. The role is perfect for a
leader looking to make a big impact, possibly get into the ESG
space or continue to build the next phase of ESG, interact with the
most respected leaders in the market, while building
Please note, for the right candidate, the final title for this role
is open to negotiation.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead JUST Capital's overall investor and financial
markets strategy, with a particular focus on how it relates to our
mission to create a more just form of capitalism, and as the work
connects to the ESG market.
- Report to the JUST Capital CEO and sit on the Executive
- Manage a cross-functional team responsible for index and
product development, impact reporting, investor research, and
business development (set strategy, outline performance objectives,
- Cultivate, maintain and grow a network of support for JUST
Capital within the North American Investment industry
- Lead investor solutions relationship management - attending
existing and potential client meetings, setting target lists
- Collaborate with Research on investor focused collateral, long
form reports, and reporting for existing investor products (ETFs,
- Represent JUST externally in the media, at conferences and at
- Conduct competitive, market, and/or financial analyses to gain
breadth/depth of knowledge in relevant products, services, and
- Regularly interact with JUST Capital's Board and advisors,
including leading the Investor Solutions Board Subcommittee
- Stay current in trends and knowledge of industry-related ESG
and ETF topics and maintain proficiency in delivering tailored
presentations and conversations to and across diverse investor
Currently three people: Director, ESG Business Development;,
Director, Indexes & Analytics;, Director, Quantitative Research &
- A passion for JUST Capital's mission
- 8-10 + years of financial services experience including but not
limited to, selling to the institutional marketplace.
- A strong desire to lead work in a startup environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with
different audiences (corporate, investor, ESG), and capability to
deal with changing priorities and deadlines
- Subject matter expertise in investor products - institutional
- ETF and/or alternative product experience ideal but not
- Channel marketing - tailoring messaging and materials to
different investor audiences and levels of expertise / ESG
- Strong network of existing contacts with institutional
investors, endowments & foundations, hedge funds, fund of funds and
the RIA community that can be leveraged in this role
- Demonstrated experience as an effective team leader and team
player, with the ability to build a business and work effectively
as part of a positive, highly collaborative group that shares tasks
To be considered for this position, submit your resume and answer
the prompt provided: Why are you interested in working for a
nonprofit like JUST Capital, and what are the specific skills that
you possess which will help you to succeed in this role?
JUST Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer - people with
disabilities are encouraged to apply
The compensation and benefits package at JUST Capital has been
thoughtfully designed to ensure we model what we measure when it
comes to just business behaviors. Benefits include:
- A flexible work culture for everyone, including the option to
work remotely from anywhere in the US, as well as an awesome
headquarters in Manhattan for collaboration.
- 20 personal time off days, 5 sick days (plus extra sick days
for your COVID vaccination + boosters), 15 annual holidays - AND
other paid time off when the office generally closes the last week
of the year.
- Best-in-class health, vision, and dental care benefits for you
and your family including membership in One Medical Group for
on-demand primary care and access to Health Advocate, the nation's
leading healthcare advocacy and assistance company.
- Fulfilling, mission-driven purpose, with the opportunity to
push real change through ESG-related conversations with corporate
leaders and other stakeholders.
- No meetings on Friday afternoons to increase flexibility in
- Personalized health, wellness, and lifestyle benefits -
selected by you!
- High growth opportunities and an annual professional
development stipend for conferences, courses, or anything that may
help you progress your career.
- Supportive of growing families with fully paid parental leave
of up to 12 weeks.
- 401(k) retirement plan, with an employer match of up to 4% of
Keywords: JUST Capital, Scranton , Managing Director, Investor Solutions, Executive , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!