VICE PRESIDENT, DISTRIBUTION - DESIGNATE
Posted on: June 24, 2022
This VP Designate, Division position is considered a training
position. You will be expected to relocate to another McLane
division if and when needed.
Planning, management and execution of all distribution related
functions to achieve goals consistent with division profitability,
and at the same time, providing excellent service to McLane
customers and teammates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have
the ability to:
- Recommend distribution operating budget along with capital
expenditure requirements. Effectively administer, monitor, control
& develop the system & policies necessary to achieve effective
distribution expense control.
- Accountable for compliance with Federal, State, and local
regulations governing our Distribution Centers and Transportation
Departments by monitoring implementation and practice to ensure
- Maintain safe/secure environment for teammates. Adherence to
safety programs, procedures, and policies.
- Provides distribution teammates with training required to
complete their job along with cross-training those who may have
career advancement material quality. Maintain good and effective
employee morale and communications.
- Responsible for total inventory management by ensuring the
compliance of receiving and inventory control procedures.
Develop/recommend alterations to procedures and Best Practices as
- Participate in group projects, operation and staff meetings &
other similar activities.
- Responsible to ensure productive Distribution Center and
Transportation Department by continually monitoring key indicators
are achieving desired productivity goals to ensure company's
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
- Have 10 years experience in all facets of outbound and inbound
warehousing and transportation, preferably in the grocery or food
- Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and Access and Power Point
- Be experienced in managing large warehouse and transportation
staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating and
resolving employee relations issues.
- Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence,
Best Practice, intra-company memos and outside correspondence.
- Have a minimum of 4 years planning, analytical and/or reporting
experience, preferably in positions of increasing
- Be able to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Possess detailed understanding of financial statements and
resulting cost implications.
- Have the ability to identify financial issues and provide
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors and
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Have the necessary skills to interpret an extensive variety of
instructions with several variables, both abstract and
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills with a
proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- The work conditions for this position include both office and
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center
and Transportation Shop.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside majority of
- This position may require working in hot and cold temperature
extremes, exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful
chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to
proximity to other teammates.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: McLane, Scranton , VICE PRESIDENT, DISTRIBUTION - DESIGNATE, Executive , Waymart, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!