Company: Restaurant Depot
Location: Wilkes Barre
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Meat Manager FULL-TIME $20/hr Responsible for receiving product
and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked,
labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper
customer service is provided. Essential functions:
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
- Supervises all activities in the meat department including
product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
- Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and
adherence to both government and corporate ordinances.
- Must maintain records as required. In the role of meat manager,
he/she will oversee the Assistant Meat Manager (if applicable),
Meat Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the
meat department is operating in a manner that adheres to company
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the
proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all meat products and ensures that
the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of meat products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in
overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices
are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies,
proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises
and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
- Performs weekly self audits of the Meat department. REM-01 WS-01
Shift start: 6:00AM or 9:00AM
Shift length: 10 - 12 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old Bachelors Degree or high school
diploma/GED with at least 4 years experience in customer
serviceAbility to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical
procedures.Ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from managers, clients, and general publicAbility to
calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest,
proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.Effective oral and
written communication skills.High level of interpersonal skills to
handle sensitive and confidential situation and
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Scranton , Meat Manager, Executive , Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!