Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) plans, develops,
organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the nursing
department under the supervision of the Director of Nursing (DON),
as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current
rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the facility's
day-to-day needs.DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS -
- Responsible for staff schedules on all nursing shifts are in
accordance with department needs.
- Maintain a reference library of written nursing material (i.e.,
PDR's, Regulations, Standards of Practice, etc.) that will assist
the nursing department in meeting the day-to-day needs of each
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update the Nursing
Procedures Manual and nursing objectives and philosophies.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and
procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing
- Develop, implement, and evaluate programs to enrich the
recruitment, retention, and continuing education of the nursing
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other
patient services to ensure the continuity of the patients' total
regimen of care. -Develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing
quality assurance program for the nursing department.
- Provide adequate staffing at all times based on facility needs
and census requirements. If necessary, cover the floor to ensure
adequate staffing and patient safety.
- Make daily rounds to ensure that all nursing personnel is
performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable
- Meet with patients throughout the day and report care issues to
the nursing staff. -On days off, arrange the schedule so the day
shift charge nurse performs this function.
- Prepare for and attend Treatment Team meetings. -If
unavailable, assign said duty to an experienced nurse. -Ensure that
all nursing staff is abiding by the Infection Control
- Oversee and assist in the training of new hires in the nursing
department, and maintain ongoing training as needed. -
- Participate in facility surveys/inspections made by authorized
government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Assist the patient and Therapist in planning the nursing
portion of the patient's discharge plan.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the
facility as designated by established policies and procedures.
-Participate in the interviewing and selection of patients for
admissions, when appropriate.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure
that medications are being administered as ordered and that
treatments are provided as scheduled.
- Review nurses' notes and documentation to ensure completeness
and accuracy. -Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Provides on call assistance as needed.
- Associate Degree in -Nursing -(ADN), Bachelor of Science in
-Nursing -(BSN) or a similar diploma.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as a Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered
-Nursing -(NCLEX-RN) if applicable.
- 3 years' experience in a supervisory experience in a substance
use disorder or acute psychiatric facility.
- Minimum of 4 year of sobriety (if applicable).
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Assistant Director of Nursing, Location: Peckville, PA -
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Scranton , Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Peckville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!