Operations Manager Nursing - Emergency Department
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title: Operations Manager Nursing - Emergency Department
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Administration, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV/GSWB Emergency Medicine Nursing Division
Date Posted: 02/17/2022
Job ID: R-27767
Job SummaryAre you an RN leader looking to support a dynamic team
of Healthcare Heroes? Through professional growth, quality
improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an
innovative culture that allows nursing leaders to grow their
skillsets, develop their practice, and leverage their years of
experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our
Geisinger nursing leaders make a difference in the lives of the
people they see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family
members. To join Geisinger as an Inpatient Nursing Operations
Manager and start leading healthcare change, please apply
now!Manages nursing personnel and daily operational related
activities. Leads Nursing team for assigned units or departments
with responsibility for all operational functions of the team.
Works in partnership with the Medical Director and Physician
Liaison of the department to provide administrative and medical
staff support to the operations of the unit. Responsible for
developing and initiating improvements in the organization and
delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care. Responsible
for nursing clinical practice, budgetary personnel activities, and
regulatory activities associated with the unit or department, and
continuing support of Electronic Medical Record.
- Employs transformational leadership concepts in the
development, implementation, and evaluation of shared governance
councils and maintenance of magnet culture.
- Facilitates, incorporates, and promotes evidence-based practice
- Facilitates continuing education and research opportunities for
employees, self and community to support growth.
- Utilizes team building concepts to effectively empower team
member by serving as a mentor, teacher and coach.
- Ensures the patient safety improvement and management program
will be given high priority and will support the program.
- Enhances skills of team members such as decision-making,
problem solving, conflict resolution, human resource management and
- Facilitates development, maintenance and success of unit
- Provides feedback to the team regarding performance and
- Ensures adequate staffing and competent care delivery.
- Develops, implements, and revises nursing retention strategies
on an on-going basis.
- Develops positive and proactive employee relations.
- Incorporates structural empowerment through shared governance,
fostering professional development and involvement in the workplace
- Integrates the Professional Practice model with the mission,
vision, philosophy and values of the organization.
- Encourage new knowledge, innovations and improvements using
evidence-based practice and research.
- Focuses on empirical outcomes related to clinical
- Demonstrates accountability for continuously improving the work
unit, department, division and system by developing performance
expectations and goals that focus on service, quality and
- Communicates a clear description of performance expectations
and goals to employees, encouraging and supporting their
participation and accountability.
- Establishes and adjusts worked hour statistic for assigned
units based on national benchmarks.
- Develops, implements, and achieves budgets which attain unit,
division, and system goals.
- Reviews reports to monitor revenue and expense impacting
- Develops and implements operational contingency plans
proactively and when indicators change.
- Develops and promotes service standards that foster a customer
sensitive environment, using a proactive approach.
- Measures performance against standards and seeks team
commitment to exceed standards.
- Facilitates staff's management of patients and customer related
issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in dealing with risk management issues to mitigate risk
- Assists in development and implementation of department
Performance Improvement plan.
- Ensures all incidents, serious events, and sentinel events are
reported to Performance Improvement and addressed in a timely
- Proactively reviews the units and systems risk exposure to
develop educational activities for employees and associates that
will reduce liability.
- Coordinates and communicates safety standards and processes and
holds staff accountable.
- Assists and maintains regulatory compliance incorporating the
- Works closely with other departments and services and
administration to maximize quality patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with Administration and Medical Director on a
- Facilitates issue resolution and enhancement of work
environment through collaboration with other departments.
- Facilitates the collaboration between members of the
interdisciplinary teams via IDT or Boost and Continuum of Care
Rounds.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
Position DetailsExpected daily hours for this position are
dayshift, however need to be visible on all shifts. Possible travel
to GSWB or Danville once, monthly.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Managerial/Supervisory (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Operations Manager Nursing - Emergency Department, Executive , Olyphant, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!