Company: GFL Environmental Inc.
Location: Lake Ariel
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Account Manager will promote, sell, increase and preserve
GFL Environmental, Inc. solid waste services to businesses and
industrial establishments in assigned territory by identifying new
market areas, maintaining current customers and developing
strategies to outweigh competition. This individual will prepare
sales contracts with knowledge of pricing, costs and equipment with
input from the Facility/General Manager.
- Aggressively solicit orders from current and prospective
customers to maintain and increase customer base.
- Maintain good customer relations by traveling throughout
assigned territory to meet with existing and prospective customers
to assess and manage customer needs.
- Compile and manage lists of prospective customers in the ACT
database for use in sales leads through cold-calling and other
- Penetrate new and existing market areas to maintain and
increase sales and market share for assigned territories.
- Develop working knowledge of branch/regional profit and loss
components and dynamics including pricing service, calculating
desired margins and cost of service.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of solid waste product
and equipment pricing, costs and application to include roll-off
presentation, commercial placement, front-end upgrade and full-line
- Provide price quotes and credit terms to potential customers
and prepare sales contracts. Consult Sales Manager or Facility
/General Manager prior to deviating from book rates.
- Develop and exhibit proficiency in commercial placement,
customer needs analysis, customer upgrades and customer retention
and in identifying major industrial needs in the areas of
compaction application including pricing, mechanical aptitude and
- Demonstrate proficiency in preparation and organization of
sales presentations to major accounts by effectively displaying and
demonstrating products and services and emphasizing marketable
- Maintain awareness of the activities of all competitors.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of price
increases for substandard accounts.
- Perform waste stream analysis to include estimation of volumes
and recognition of waste streams requiring special handling or
which can be recycled or diverted.
- Participate in business related meetings, conferences, social
functions and civic organizations to boost the overall exposure of
- Court, cultivate, secure and act as liaison between large
customers, municipal and governmental sector business including bid
invitations and preliminary bid preparation.
- Assist in identifying acquisition candidates and participate in
the acquisition of and merging with targeted businesses.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal,
state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other
orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or
requested by management.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from a four (4) year college or
- Knowledge or experience in solid waste industry desired.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of sales experience with thorough
knowledge of sales techniques.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical journals or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, customers and the general
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to create, design and implement solutions to general
and customer specific problems.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to self-direct various assigned initiatives and to work
under limited supervision.Physical/Mental Demands:
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach,
stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and climb.
- Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to
- Possess ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds.Working Conditions:
- Work involves extended periods of driving resulting in exposure
to high vehicle traffic and extended periods of sitting.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions of heat,
cold and humidity.
- Noise level is usually moderate but can become loud.#GFLTALENT
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of
visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with
diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly
believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on
gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation,
age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these
differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with
disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an
accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet
Keywords: GFL Environmental Inc., Scranton , Account Manager, Executive , Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...