Posted on: March 18, 2023
Company OverviewVertellus is a dynamic global organization with
more than a century of leadership in manufacturing health,
agriculture, and performance chemicals. Our company is also a
leading provider in the world of specialty chemicals for
agriculture, nutrition, pharmaceutical, fine chemicals, medical,
personal care, plastics, coatings, and many other industrial
markets. Our products are in the things you use every day -
toothpaste, deodorants, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, detergents,
plastics, adhesives, inks, tires, and more. Our culture is built on
mutual trust and respect for all employees to focus on providing
the best products and solutions to our customers.At Vertellus, we
hold ourselves and each other Accountable for Delivering Results
with a Bias for Action while always acting with the utmost
integrity, this is truly what it means to be a Vertellus employee.
We take great pride in displaying our Core Values through our work
and our teams.Job Summary:The Quality Manager is charged with
overseeing all Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities.
This includes Quality Assurance activities of developing and
maintaining a system to assure that all products are manufactured
according to applicable site policies/procedures, and product
specifications. It also includes maintaining responsibility for the
Quality Control laboratory and equipment therein. Will manage
internal and external quality related investigations, internal
audits, compliance audits, and customer audits. Will also drive
continuous improvement initiatives across the organization.
Provides ongoing support to ensure ISO 9001 compliance for joint
ISO certificate.Responsibilities:Role Specific
- Write/revise quality management SOP's and work
- Write/revise quality control SOP's and work instructions
- Manage the Quality Control Lab. Complete PDR's, training, work
schedules and performance management.
- Manage and facilitate all compliance activities for ISO, cGMP,
etc. Provide training programs for same.
- Ensure efficient and safe operations of the lab. Manage lab
equipment calibration and maintenance programs.
- Maintain site specifications (product, raw material, packaging,
and customer specific)
- Lead Quality related investigations, write reports, and
recommend corrective action.
- Manage internal audit program, customer audits, and compliance
audits, including follow up activities for any
- Maintain SAP quality management module, including COA
- Ensure I/O/P Qualification and Validation protocols for new and
existing equipment and analytical methods are performed.
- Participate in corporate quality initiatives and implement at
local level, as applicableTechnical & Description of Duties:
- General ability to sit, stand and move around the facility.
Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Assign work duties and oversee laboratory employees; train as
- Complies with company Health, Safety and Environmental
policies, procedures and arrangements
- Reports all Health, Safety and Environmental accidents,
incidents and near misses promptly
- Acts in a safe and responsible manner at all timesProblem
Solving and Innovation:
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities
- Participates in problem-solving
- Takes responsibility and ownership for own learning and
development in the spirit of continuous improvement of both self
and the business
- Assists in the training, mentoring, and assessment of other
- Exercises autonomy and judgement subject to overall direction
or guidance Qualifications/Desired Skills:Education and
- BA/BS in Sciences with 3-5 years quality systems management
experience (chemical manufacturer preferred);
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; SAP,
ProcessMap experience preferredExperience:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills analysis
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Preferred experience with HPLC, UV/Vis, GC, and FTIRKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a fast paced
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong computer, analytical and critical thinking
- Embodies the Vertellus Core Values:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds him/herself and other
- Deliver Results: Takes personal responsibility for performance
and business results
- Bias for Action: Plays to win and gets the job done
- Integrity: Acts ethically, with integrity to act and do in the
right way If you have the energy, drive, and passion for joining
the Vertellus team, we would love to hear from you. Apply
today!Vertellus offers competitive total compensation packages,
including benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k),
disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings
accounts, paid time off, and paid holidays. Vertellus is a global
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless of and will not be
discriminated against based on gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status,
disability status, genetic information, or any other protected
Keywords: Vertellus, Scranton , QA/QC Manager, Executive , Bushkill, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...