Care Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Care Coordination
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Care Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Care
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GCMC Care Services Operations Team
Date Posted: 10/10/2023
Job ID: R-53222
Job SummaryThe RN Care Manager works with physician and
multidisciplinary team members to develop plan of care for each
assigned patient from admission through discharge. Ensure patient
is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring
patient care through assessments and evaluations. Assess and
respond to patient andfamily needs by coordinating efforts of other
team members. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder
effective patient care.
- Works in conjunction with physicians, nurses, inter
disciplinary team and others to assess, plan and initiate patient
plan of care.
- Facilitates and coordinates details of the actual discharge to
- Facilitates and coordinates an individualized care coordination
- Serves as a resource to physician and hospital personnel
regarding available agency, facility, and community services to
assist in discharge planning.
- Completes appropriate federal, state and local forms.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and participation in
quality monitoring and improvement by monitoring quality of care
using predetermined criteria, reporting potential risk and quality
management issues identified from medical record review to
appropriate departments through defined processes, and enters data
as requested and appropriate for role, to support quality
improvement initiatives into appropriate system.
- Conducts on-going case review for delays or variances in care;
raises issues with appropriate department, attending physician and
- Captures data per department policy.
- Communicates to appropriate physicianidentified issues for
resolution and intervention.
- Uses approved medical necessity criteria as a tool to ensure
that patients meet appropriateness of the setting.
- Actively involves payer liaison role in any case that has
potential of not meeting medical necessity guidelines.
- Supports payer liaison role to resolve barriers through
appropriate administrative and medical channels to avoid third
party payer denials.
- Maintains awareness of all concurrent denials through
interaction with payer liaison.
- Works with payer liaison to facilitate timely discharge or
alternative plan of care acceptable to physician, family and
payer.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.
- Hours: 8 AM to 4:30 PM
- Required experience: 3 years of RN work experience
- Weekends: Yes, approximately 1 time per month
- Holidays: Yes, rotation-based.
- Union: YesThe RN Care Manager role allows nurses who are
looking to transition away from the bedside to continue to use
their nursing and critical thinking skills in a fast-paced
environment where no two days are ever the same. It is a
challenging, yet rewarding role that gives you the opportunity to
positively affect the lives of patients and families. You will be
able to maintain a good work-life balance and you will be
surrounded by a supportive interdisciplinary
Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members
also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation
and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy,
meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps
you improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment
where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we
offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide
opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our
ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Care Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Care Coordination, Executive , Plymouth, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!