Radiation Therapy Technologist
Company: Sanford Federal
Location: Wilkes Barre
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford,
VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small
Business that provides federal professional services, primarily
engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber
security, management systems support, as well as business and
infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers
of technology solutions to the United States government. Our
mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information
technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve,
and protect the American people.
Job Title: Radiation Therapy Technologist.
Based at: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for an experienced
Radiation Therapy Technologist to be a part of Therapeutic Medical
Physics Team who will support the Radiation Oncology program with
specific therapeutic medical physics and support services.
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following
- Have at least two years of experience in clinical radiotherapy
under the supervision of either a board certified RO or MP.
- Shall have experience - to include performing both IGRT and
IMRT based patient treatments and daily quality assurance testing -
using Varian Radiotherapy linear accelerators equipped with
MultiLeaf Collimator (MLC) and Electronic Portal Imaging Devices
- Shall have experience setting up exposure factors when
utilizing kV imaging, OBI and OSMS during the localization of
- Shall have experience with SRS, SBRT, and HDR brachytherapy
- Shall have experience fabricating custom treatment aids, such
as custom blocks, shields, compensators, molds, casts, and other
- Shall have experience using Varian Aria electronic record and
verify systems and Varian Radiotherapy Linear Accelerators.
- Shall possess teaching experience in clinical
- Shall have experience in Computed Tomography-based radiotherapy
- Shall have experience using a Huestis Compu-Cutter block
cutting system. Shall have experience in documenting, ordering and
charging in AHLTA on a daily basis.
- Shall be registered by the American Registry Radiologic
Technologist (ARRT) as a Radiotherapy Therapy Technologist (RTT).
- Must maintain a current, active, valid and unrestricted license
from the Texas Medical Board. HCW shall ensure that renewal actions
are accomplished well before expiration of the provider's license
to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for:
- Shall administer complex and exact radiation treatments for
patients using computer-controlled linear accelerator with
- Shall assure accurate and consistent patient alignment and
support/immobilization, employing laser alignment system, optical
range finder, and treatment couch adjustment. Duplicate patient
position established at time of simulation.
- Shall configure radiation head with proper field size, gantry
and collimator rotation, beam modification devices to include:
wedge filters, custom-mount or template-positioned cerrobend
blocks, tissue compensators, bolus material.
- Shall program control console and verify treatment time,
monitor units, and backup timer settings.
- Shall monitor patient during treatment. Interrupt treatment if
necessary to render assistance, first aid, or administer CPR.
Respond to radiological emergency in accordance to protocol for
runaway machine or exposed radioactive source.
- Shall maintain permanent treatment record, making daily
notation of machine settings and daily/cumulative radiation dose
for each patient. Obtain digital images of treated fields using
portal imaging system
- Shall execute treatment-planning procedures in conformity with
physician specifications. Execute high dose rate (HDR)
- Shall perform hospital chart and patient screening
examinations. Alert physicians to indications of radiation toxicity
or progressive cancer. Assist physician in clinic procedures as
- Shall observe clinical condition of patients undergoing
radiation therapy to detect: skin erythema or desquamation, weight
loss, separation changes, ataxia, orthostatic symptoms, or mental
status changes. Report observations to physician as warranted.
- Shall order, retrieve, and screen complete blood count at
prescribed interval. Examine patient's medical records for allergic
- Shall instruct patients regarding skin care, distribute
informational publications dealing with nutrition or general
aspects of radiation therapy. Answer questions and allay anxieties
regarding radiation reactions, screening for queries, which require
- Shall enter pertinent patient billing and workload information
into ALTA /CHCS as instructed by the Chief, ROS.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving
our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions
for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our
nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence
communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our
soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to
highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all
qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sanford Federal, Scranton , Radiation Therapy Technologist, Healthcare , Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!