RN Hemodialysis - Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: RN Hemodialysis - Ambulatory Peritoneal
DialysisLocation: Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category: RN -
Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule: DaysWork
Type: Full timeDepartment: Peritoneal Dialysis TeamDate Posted:
09/28/2021Job ID: R-20368Job SummaryAssesses patient needs in the
Hemodialysis (HD) program. Plans, organizes, performs, and
evaluates nursing activities that meet those needs. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age
range on their assigned nursing unit.Job Duties
- Performs initial and ongoing patient assessment.
- Assists in the development of multidisciplinary care plans for
- Functions as a primary nurse.
- Helps the patient adjust to the Dialysis Unit.
- Provides health teaching and updates such as changes in patient
status or technology requires.
- Assembles necessary equipment and administers dialysis to
- Demonstrates ability to properly operate dialysis
- Performs peritoneal dialysis and pediatric dialysis procedures
- Initiates hemofiltration procedures as necessary.
- Oberves, reports, interprets, and records manifestations of the
- Arranges for transient dialysis as assigned.
- Participates in health teaching to prepare the patient and
family to provide care in the home setting.
- Documents observations, activities, and updates computer
information as necessary.
- Assists in the evaluation of the quality of patient care and
participating in quality improvement activities.
- Participates in an on-call schedule.
- Monitors function of RO water purification system at begining
of each shift.
- Checks calibration of accu check blood glucose system
daily.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
position.Position DetailsIf you are looking for a career where you
can hone your nursing skills and have a positive impact on the
lives of chronically ill patients, dialysis nursing may be for you.
Collaborating with a team of health care professionals to assist
patients who are experiencing complex health care needs is an
essential part of dialysis nursing. This is your time to work in a
specialized field that affords you job security and the opportunity
for growth. Working closely with staff and our patients/families
fosters relationships and leads to an environment that feels like
- 0800 to 1630
- Monday through Friday with rotation of on call, weekends and
- Occasional home visit may be needed to screen patient for
- Prior experience is preferred but willing to trainWe're proud
to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
GroupsEducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required)ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of PennsylvaniaOur Purpose & ValuesOUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or
their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , RN Hemodialysis - Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, Healthcare , Hughesville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!