Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: RN- ElectrophysiologyLocation: Scranton,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and
Nursing SupportSchedule: DaysWork Type: Full timeDepartment: GCMC
Invasive Cardiac Laboratories TeamDate Posted: 11/17/2021Job ID:
R-22388Job SummaryProvides primary nursing support to the physician
and patient to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the
patient's condition. Provides patient education, promotes an
understanding of the condition and adheres with the treatment plan.
The Registered Clinic Nurse, functions in the spirit of teamwork,
is accountable for the delivery of care utilizing skills learned in
the clinic. Assists other team members on the unit.Job Duties
- Triages patient sick calls to facilitate appropriate treatment
plan with providers.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint,
vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and
prepares patient for examinations.
- Oversees chart checks insuring that all patient completed
testing is available for provider visit.
- Assists providers in procedures as directed by provider to
facilitate accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork to expedites laboratory studies with maximum
accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication.
- Provides instruction to ensure patient's understanding of
medical condition and compliance with treatment instructions.
- Inserts, monitors, regulates and discontinues IV's as required
- Administers medications, IV push medications, and topical
- Routinely inspects and observes condition and operations of
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation
and identify need for preventative and corrective maintenance.
- May clean, sterilize and prepare instruments, according to
established protocols, to ensure required level of aseposis and
- Cleans and sets up procedure rooms between cases, ensures
required level of aseposis, availability of appropriate instruments
and equipment, and preparation of patient.
- Educate patients on all aspects of medication and treatments as
- Assists in all aspects of day to day clinic activity.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.Position
- Monday through Friday from 8AM to 4:30PM
- No on-call, weekends, holidays or travelPrior EP/Cath Lab
Experience is preferred.We're proud to offer competitive salaries
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
GroupsEducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-
(Required)ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of PennsylvaniaOur Purpose & ValuesOUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or
their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , RN- Electrophysiology, Healthcare , Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!