Radiology Assistant (Flex/Per Diem)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Radiology Assistant (Flex/Per Diem)
Location: Muncy, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GMCM Radiology Team
Date Posted: 10/14/2021
Job ID: R-20645
Job Summary Primarily assists Radiology staff in providing
non-technical support to the various departments of Radiology.
Expedites procedures through direct patient contact including
patient transportation, patient preparation, specimen
transportation, preparation of imaging rooms and other related
assistance. Involves clerical support such as processing studies,
answering phones, and scheduling studies. Individualized duties are
defined by each area.
- Greets patients upon arrival, aids in filling out necessary
paperwork and transports patients to appropriate imaging
- Schedules patient appointments when needed.
- Prepares and processes requests for imaging and processes these
requests to the appropriate technical personnel.
- Answers telephone calls for area and routes call
- Compiles and documents information based on patient--s
interviews or physician input by typing, posting and filing as the
- Performs clerical functions as required and requested.
- Assists in patient preparation and completion of
- Verifies patient schedules.
- Observes a patient when required.
- Assists in emergency situations.
- Assists in patient positioning and lifting and transporting
- Prepares and maintains records and files as directed.
- Prints reports as required.
- Assists in ensuring all necessary supplies are available and
- Assists in completing requests for supplies.
- Assists technical staff with any/all duties necessary for
completion of imaging studies.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Healthcare (Preferred)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Radiology Assistant (Flex/Per Diem), Healthcare , Muncy, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!