Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: RN HemodialysisLocation: Danville, PennsylvaniaJob
Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
SupportSchedule: DaysWork Type: Full timeDepartment: Hemodialysis
Nursing TeamDate Posted: 04/20/2021Job ID: R-08344Job Summary***
THIS POSITION QUALIFIES FOR A JOINING INCENTIVE ***The RN for
Hemodialysis assesses patient needs in the Hemodialysis (HD)
program. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing
activities that meet those needs. Meets the qualifications to
provide care for patients in the specific age range on their
assigned nursing unit.Job Duties
- Performs initial and ongoing patient assessment.
- Assists in the development of multidisciplinary care plans for
- Functions as a primary nurse.
- Helps the patient adjust to the Dialysis Unit.
- Provides health teaching and updates such as changes in patient
status or technology requires.
- Assembles necessary equipment and administers dialysis to
- Demonstrates ability to properly operate dialysis
- Performs peritoneal dialysis and pediatric dialysis procedures
- Initiates hemofiltration procedures as necessary.
- Oberves, reports, interprets, and records manifestations of the
- Arranges for transient dialysis as assigned.
- Participates in health teaching to prepare the patient and
family to provide care in the home setting.
- Documents observations, activities, and updates computer
information as necessary.
- Assists in the evaluation of the quality of patient care and
participating in quality improvement activities.
- Participates in an on-call schedule.
- Monitors function of RO water purification system at begining
of each shift.
- Checks calibration of accu check blood glucose system
daily.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
position.Position DetailsEligible for a joining incentive!!Work
Schedule: 0530 to 1600 (5:30am to 4:00pm)
- 2 to 3 on calls in a four week period
- Every other weekend and holiday
- Sundays offWe're proud to offer competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
GroupsEducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required)ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Advanced Cardiac Life
Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Licensed
Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic
Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Certification - American Heart Association
(AHA)Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , RN Hemodialysis, Healthcare , Nescopeck, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!