Acute care clinical pharmacist
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Acute care clinical pharmacist
Location: Muncy, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Pharmacy
Work Type: Full time
Department: GLH Acute Pharmacy Services Division
Date Posted: 06/15/2021
Job ID: R-15191
Job Summary The Pharmacist provides quality pharmaceutical care
defined as being responsible for assuring the provision of safe,
efficacious and cost-effective medication therapy for all patients.
The Pharmacist will develop, recommend, and monitor evidence based
pharmacotherapy care plans for patients cared for by Geisinger with
emphasis on patient outcomes and quality of life. These care plans
include the assessment of patient--s medications for indication,
effectiveness, safety, and adherence issues as well as patient and
laboratory parameter monitoring, documentation requirements, and
- Assumes responsibility for the delivery of pharmaceutical care
to the specific patient care area in which the pharmacist is
scheduled to work.
- Coordinates the use of human, material, and informational
resources such that timely, efficient, cost effective and
appropriate care is consistently rendered.
- Receives and interprets physicians' medication orders and
clarifies or corrects orders with the physician.
- Reviews patient medication profiles to guard against drug
sensitivities, contraindications, duplications, and major drug
- Reviews all medication orders for prescribing, formulary, and
- Suggests appropriate formulary alternative(s) based on the
patient's clinical parameters.
- Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters
relating to specific drug therapy problems and monitors and acts on
patient laboratory results.
- Provides in-depth drug information and other informational
materials to members of the medical, nursing, and other healthcare
- Provides patient discharge medication consultations based on
- Makes rounds with medical services.
- Calculates drug dosages based on pharmacokinetic
- Verifies provider-entered orders and ensures proper doses
- Provides in services to other healthcare providers when
requested and when necessary.
- Prepares special medications involving compounding procedures
and sterile products using aseptic techniques.
- Reports requirements for additional supplies and equipment to
appropriate personnel to maintain basic stock levels.
- Coordinates and supervises work-place activities and resources;
promotes professional competence; assures that services rendered,
and work performed are in accordance with departmental
- Advises, assists, and supervises the work of pharmacy
technicians, students, and pharmacy interns; assumes final
responsibility for accuracy of their work.
- Works with medical and nursing personnel to resolve problems
involving pharmacy services.
- Coordinates activities with other pharmacy personnel to
accomplish pharmacy and hospital objectives.
- Assists with the review and revision of departmental policies
and procedures, as requested.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position Details Inpatient, IV and heme/onc experience
preferred.Schedule includes weekend and holiday rotation.This is an
excellent opportunity to be a part of a new pharmacy department,
with unique practice environment- a microhospital with infusion
Education Bachelor's Degree-Pharmacy (Required), Doctoral Degree-
Certification(s) and License(s) Licensed Pharmacist (Pennsylvania)
- State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Acute care clinical pharmacist, Healthcare , Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!