RN Lactation Consultant
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Title: RN Lactation Consultant
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GWV Women's & Children's Nursing Division
Date Posted: 11/05/2021
Job ID: R-22510
Job SummaryResponsible for the planning, development,
implementation and evaluation of an integrated lactation
educational program. Coordinates and provides instruction for all
medical and nursing staff. Works closely with team members such as,
but not limited to, nurses, physicians, Social Services, feeding
team, and other maternal infant clinicians to ensure patient
educational needs are met.
- Develops protocols and programs supporting breastfeeding for
all lactating mothers.
- Delivers prenatal education regarding benefits of
breast-feeding to all clinic patients.
- Teaches breastfeeding classes and provides private
consultations as requested by mother, nurse or physician.
- Maintains and organizes loaner pump program and resource
- Maintains affiliation with local support groups.
- Provides follow-up for all first-time breast-feeding mothers
and infants or any couple needing special care.
- Continues with outreach programs in community and surrounding
- Facilitates and promotes the integration of lactation
philosophy amongst the staff including general philosophy of
breastfeeding of the premature infant.
- Provides ongoing staff development related to lactation
- Attends patient care rounds.
- Participates in Performance Improvement in relation to
- Participates in research projects involving lactation.
- Education of staff on supplemental nursing techniques.
- Educates attending physician staff.Work is typically performed
in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job
specific obligations and complying with all organization policies
and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Position DetailsWork Schedule/Details:
- This role is per diem
- Shifts will be either 11A to 7P or 3P to 11P
- 2 weekend shifts per month
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 5 years-Nursing (Required), Minimum of 1
year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Lactation Consultant -
International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE);
Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , RN Lactation Consultant, Healthcare , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!