Respiratory Therapist Certified (CRT) or Respiratory Therapist Registered (RRT)
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Title: Respiratory Therapist Certified (CRT) or Respiratory
Therapist Registered (RRT)Location: Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob
Category: Rehabilitation ServicesSchedule: Days Work Type: Part
timeDepartment: GWV/GSWB Respiratory Services DivisionDate Posted:
02/17/2021Job ID: R-01275Job SummaryAssesses patients' respiratory
care needs based on a variety of data. Plans, organizes, performs,
and evaluates treatment modalities to meet those needs. Ensures the
very best patient/family experience by optimizing all customer
- Consistently performs and documents thorough patient
- Establishes appropriate care plans.
- Communicates with other members of the patient care team.
- Correctly performs and documents routine therapeutic modalities
including aerosolized medications, secretion management techniques,
pulmonary volume expansion, oxygen therapy, and assists with
routine care and maintenance of artificial airways.
- Initiates and manages conventional and high frequency
mechanical ventilators according to established protocol.
- Provides appropriate, age-specific, patient and family
education as it relates to disease management.
- Assists in intra-hospital transport of mechanically ventilated
- Responsible for acute airway management in emergent
- Sets up and manages non-invasive monitoring (i.e. ETCO
monitors, pulse oximeters).
- When care management not available, assists with discharge
planning for patients needing respiratory related DME supplies,
follows appropriate insurance guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Adheres to institutional and nationally established standards
- Collects arterial blood gas samples and processes through point
of care blood analyzers.
- Maintains the confidentially of patient information according
to established internal and external specifications and regulations
including release of information and HIPAA.
- Functions as the Shift Coordinator (charge person) when
designated as such after one year of employment.
- Assists the medical team in the performance of fiberoptic
- Assists the medical team with the placement invasive monitoring
lines and obtains hemodynamic measurements and calculations.
- Assists in the intra-hospital transport of age specific patient
- Functions as a preceptor for orientees and students in their
clinical rotation.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.Position DetailsWill consider
Respiratory Therapist Certified (CRT) and Respiratory Therapist
Registered (RRT) for this positionOur Respiratory Therapists enjoy
the advantages of: Protocol driven care Therapist autonomy
Evidence-based medicine practices Collaboration with Intensivist
Critical Care team Shared governance Team environment Best practice
guidelines State-of-the-art equipment and technologyPart time
position 40 hours biweeklyDay/Evening shift including every other
weekend and holidayEducationGraduate from Specialty Training
Program- (Required)Certification(s) and License(s)S.T.A.B.L.E.
Certified - The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program; Registered Respiratory
Therapist - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); Neonatal
Resuscitation Program Certification - Neonatal Resuscitation
Program; Member of National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) -
National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing BodyOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE
& VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our
members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be
treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly
strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the
best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our
patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We
provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the
Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and
part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or
their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Respiratory Therapist Certified (CRT) or Respiratory Therapist Registered (RRT), Healthcare , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!