RN Care Manager - Care Coordination
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Title: RN Care Manager - Care CoordinationLocation:
Scranton, PennsylvaniaJob Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing
and Nursing SupportSchedule: DaysWork Type: Full timeDepartment:
GCMC Care Management TeamDate Posted: 10/14/2021Job ID: R-20322Job
SummaryWorks with physician and multidisciplinary team members to
develop plan of care for each assigned patient from admission
through discharge. Ensure patient is progressing towards desired
outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through
assessments and evaluations. Assess and respond to patient
andfamily needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
- Works in conjunction with physicians, nurses, inter
disciplinary team and others to assess, plan and initiate patient
plan of care.
- Facilitates and coordinates details of the actual discharge to
- Facilitates and coordinates an individualized care coordination
- Serves as a resource to physician and hospital personnel
regarding available agency, facility, and community services to
assist in discharge planning.
- Completes appropriate federal, state and local forms.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and participation in
quality monitoring and improvement by monitoring quality of care
using predetermined criteria, reporting potential risk and quality
management issues identified from medical record review to
appropriate departments through defined processes, and enters data
as requested and appropriate for role, to support quality
improvement initiatives into appropriate system.
- Conducts on-going case review for delays or variances in care;
raises issues with appropriate department, attending physician and
- Captures data per department policy.
- Communicates to appropriate physicianidentified issues for
resolution and intervention.
- Uses approved medical necessity criteria as a tool to ensure
that patients meet appropriateness of the setting.
- Actively involves payer liaison role in any case that has
potential of not meeting medical necessity guidelines.
- Supports payer liaison role to resolve barriers through
appropriate administrative and medical channels to avoid third
party payer denials.
- Maintains awareness of all concurrent denials through
interaction with payer liaison.
- Works with payer liaison to facilitate timely discharge or
alternative plan of care acceptable to physician, family and
payer.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.Position DetailsWork
- 8AM to 4:30PM
- Rotation of weekends and holidays - will be reviewed at
interviewWe're proud to offer competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
GroupsEducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)ExperienceMinimum
of 3 years-Nursing (Required)Certification(s) and
License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of
Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing
BodyOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , RN Care Manager - Care Coordination, Healthcare , Moosic, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!