Registered Nurse - Callicoon
Company: Garnet Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Overview:Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health
System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation
headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north
of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health
Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet
Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health
Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing
specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services
that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality
care.Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange,
Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve
the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the
mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than
3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members,
makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the
tri-county area. The System's three hospital campuses (Garnet
Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and
Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several
outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care
- 601 licensed inpatient beds
- Emergency medicine
- Surgical services
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Skilled nursing unit
- Cardiology services including emergency and elective
- Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
- Orthopedic services including joint replacements
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Birthing centers
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Geriatric assessment
- Primary, Specialty, and Urgent care practices
- Adult day care
- Mental health and chemical dependency programs
- Diabetes program
- Wound care
- Sleep Center Services
- Outpatient infusion services
- Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and
- Hospitalist services
- Rape intervention and support services
- Community screenings and support groupsResponsibilities:The
Registered Nurse will be responsible for implementing the Nursing
Process based on established Standards of Practice and ensuring all
patient care policies and procedures are adhered to in accordance
with Garnet Health Medical Center Hospital policies, the Nurse
Practice Act, and the New York State Licensure requirements. The
registered nurse will be able to exhibit critical thinking,
effectively organize and triage/prioritize accordingly, and
implement evidence based nursing.Qualifications:Minimum Education:
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Experience: 1 year medical surgical experience required.
Comparable experience in OPD/Amb. Surg./L&D considered.
- Currently licensed and registered in NY State to practice as a
registered professional nurse.
- Valid Basic Life Support course completion card presented at
hire and must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Successful completion of cardiac rhythm course prior to the end
of the orientation period.
- Hospital-sponsored Crisis Training Program within 3 months of
hire, refreshers attended at least annually for duration of
- ACLS to be obtained within 6 months of hire and must be
maintained for the duration of employment.
- PALS to be obtained within 6 months of hire and must be
maintained for the duration of employment.
- ENPC, TNCC preferred within 1 year of hire.
- CCRN or CEN preferred.
Physical Requirements: Position will primarily be medium to light
work requiring lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50
pounds. Bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling and reaching are
required. Position requires 20% sitting and 80% standing or
walking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by spoken and written word
- Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a
clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. Position may
have occasional exposure to blood, body substances, infectious
materials, chemical hazards, vibration, radiation, slippery
surfaces, or noise that may result from performance of duties.
- Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability
to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks.
Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity
to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long
periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to
lift 50 lbs.
- Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships,
to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new
information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking,
analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required
detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions
cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs
and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including
evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and
community events as necessary.
Keywords: Garnet Health, Scranton , Registered Nurse - Callicoon, Healthcare , Harris, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!