Inpatient RN- Perioperative- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Title: Inpatient RN- Perioperative- Up to $26K Hiring
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Perioperative Team
Date Posted: 12/28/2021
Job ID: R-25279
Job SummaryAre you a RN looking to join our Geisinger Nursing
Institute? Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nurses to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing
activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive
responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of
patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction.
Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions.
Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned
nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and
family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes preparation of the patient according to defined
- Completes patient assessment for risks for falls.
- Prepares equipment and supplies for procedures using sterile
- Cares for equipment before, during and after procedures or as
needed in department.
- Performs intravenous starts and monitors intravenous therapy on
- Performs point of care testing such as urine pregnancies or
blood glucose on patients as needed.
- Administers medication, IV push medication and conscious
- Provides post-procedure care.
- Observes, interprets, reports and records signs indicative of
changes in the patient's condition.
- Records appropriate information to monitor patients' needs
prior to procedure.
- Monitors and assists patients with spinal cord
- Provides appropriate patient education to patients and
- Adheres to requirements mandated by regulatory agencies.
- Assists with orientation, in-service programs and supervision
of nursing students, new staff members, and dedicated staff
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in patient safety improvement and
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.
- Assumes charge nurse role on assigned, rotating basis.
- Assigns staff to specific patient areas as needed, based on
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
Position DetailsHours include: 6a-6p/6a-2pWe're proud to offer:
- $35.00 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $7 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- Up to $26,000 hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Tiffany Nino firstname.lastname@example.org
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Certification - American Heart Association
(AHA); Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body;
Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Inpatient RN- Perioperative- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Nescopeck, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!