Clinical Team Coordinator Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Telemetry
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Title: Clinical Team Coordinator Registered Nurse - Medical
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Medical-Surgical Nursing Division
Date Posted: 03/26/2021
Job ID: R-11629
Job SummaryAre you an RN leader looking to join our team of
Healthcare Heroes? Through professional growth, quality
improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an
innovative culture that allows nurses to grow their skillsets,
develop their practice, and leverage their years of experience to
build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger
nursing leaders make a difference in the lives of the people they
see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family members. To join
Geisinger as an Inpatient RN and start leading healthcare change,
please apply now! Coordinates and supervises the delivery of
nursing care and activities on assigned unit. Assists in
developing, initiating, and supporting improvements, on the unit
level, that facilitate the delivery of high quality, safe and
cost-effective patient care. Responsible for ensuring that the
highest level of care is provided, optimizing all customer
interactions, to maximize patient satisfaction.
- Provides direct patient care along with providing direct
supervision to assigned personnel, assists with orientation and
integration of new employees.
- Conducts performance appraisals, monitors absenteeism, orders
supplies, scheduling 24 hour staffing, patient and bed triage where
- Assists with addressing performance problems initiating the
disciplinary process as appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patient care
activities and operations to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals
as well as policies affecting other departments.
- Communicates and interprets policies, procedures and
regulations to patients, visitors and staff members, as
- Communicates significant issues on units to Operations Manager
in a timely manner.
- Assists Actively support Magnet philosophies such as a healthy
work environment, professional growth and patient and family
involvement in care decisions.
- Provides feedback to staff or managers for professional
practice issues, facilitates and promotes evidence-based practices
and research activities.
- Serves as a resource for unit issues, mentors staff, delegates
actions as appropriate and creates an environment of
- Ensures that staff meets regulatory requirements.
- Assures effective, efficient and cost-effective use of
physical, financial and human resources.
- Assists with the prevention and resolution of patient and
- Assists the operations manager in making patient focused
service round on assigned unit.
- Follows up on incidents occurring on assigned unit.
- Assures proper documentation and follow-through.We're proud to
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package,
including health insurance
- Tuition assistance
- A shared governance structure
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated,
experienced nursing leadersThis position is eligible for a joining
incentive. Apply now and learn more!Work is typically performed in
a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Clinical Team Coordinator Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Telemetry, Healthcare , Duryea, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!