Specialty RN II - Hematology and Oncology
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Title: Specialty RN II - Hematology and Oncology
Location: Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Hematology/Oncology Division
Date Posted: 01/20/2022
Job ID: R-20430
Job Summary Serves in an expanded role to assess patient needs,
plan and provide nursing care and coordinate follow-up care.
Participates in research and educates patients and nursing
- Provide patient care and education for patients in the specific
age range on their assigned department.
- Serves as a resource person for patient and family regarding
the perception of the diagnosis and medical plan of care for the
management of disease as designated by the physician.
- Maintains availability to nursing for occasional in-service and
helps with orientation of staff involved education.
- Performs pre-visit data gathering and record keeping on new and
- This includes recording of current medications and dosages and
obtaining previous laboratory results and measurements.
- Assists in the management of patients with chronic diseases,
including achieving key quality indicators, education, and long-
term coordination of care.
- Tracks performance improvement measures and assists providers
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint,
vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and
prepares patient for examinations.
- Assists provider in performance of procedures as directed by
provider to facilitate accurate diagnosis.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum
accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel to ensure that they
are appropriately trained to support patients and provider.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication.
- Provides instruction to ensure patient's understanding of
medical condition and compliance with treatment instructions.
- Inserts, monitors, regulates and discontinues IVs as required
- Performs and assists with triaging telephone calls concerning
health issues and offers appropriate telephone management advice to
patients as liaison to physician recommendations.
- Communicates lab, radiology and other testing results to
patients and via telephone and electronic medical record letter
notification.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
Position Details Work Schedule/Details:
- Monday through Friday from 8a to 4:30p
- No weekends or holidays
- Travel to Geisinger Wyoming Valley in Wilkes Barre for meetings
and coverage may be required (less than 25%)Past chemotherapy
experience is preferred.We re proud to offer competitive salaries
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Experience Minimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Specialty RN II - Hematology and Oncology, Healthcare , Greentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!