Inpatient LPN - Central Region Med/Surg Float Pool - $10K Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Inpatient LPN - Central Region Med/Surg Float Pool -
$10K Hiring Incentive!
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Central Region Nursing Resources Division
Date Posted: 09/28/2021
Job ID: R-20341
Job Summary Are you a LPN looking to join our Geisinger Nursing
Institute? Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we ve built an innovative culture
that allows our nurses to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact. The LPN contributes data to
the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient
care as directed by the Inpatient RN. Promotes adaptive responses
of patient or family to achieve the highest level of patient care,
promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits
compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates
patient care and interaction of staff.
- Contributes data to assessments as established by scope of
practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Supports the plan of care as established in unit
- Reinforces patient and family education, family needs and
discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the
interdisciplinary team as directed by the Inpatient RN.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and plan of
care based upon patient response to interventions in collaboration
with the Inpatient RN.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to
proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence based practice.
- Provides input to the manager for performance appraisals of
care delivery team members.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Precepts and mentors new staff and students in a professional,
positive manner as assigned.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position Details We re proud to offer:
- $22.47/hr minimum hiring rate with increased rates for
- Up to $5 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- Up to $5 float premium
- $10,000 Hiring Incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Kara Fox at
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Inpatient LPN - Central Region Med/Surg Float Pool - $10K Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Lairdsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!