Surgical Technologist (Geisinger Wyoming Valley Operating Room; $7,500 Sign On Bonus!)
Location: White Haven
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Surgical Technologist (Geisinger Wyoming Valley
Operating Room; $7,500 Sign On Bonus!)
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Surgical Suite Team
Date Posted: 03/24/2022
Job ID: R-28096
Job Summary Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, Geisinger has built an innovative
culture that allows our staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact. Apply today to become a part
of this amazing clinical team.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and out and operationg
room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
registered nurse and surgeon before incision of operative
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the registered nurse.
- Maintains and documents universal precautions.
- Initiates emergency procedures.
- Participates in the admission and discharge process.
- Performs billing as appropriate for services rendered or
- Participates in on-call rotations of operating room.
- Acts as a preceptor for students assigned to the surgical
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Performs quality control monitoring.
- Performs additional duties including specimen collection,
pleure-vac and traction set up, patient transport and post-mortem
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
registered nurse's supervision. Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive.
Position Details Geisinger Wyoming Valley Hospital is seeking to
hire a full time Surgical Technologist in the Operating Room.This
is a great opportunity for seasoned Surgical Technologists or
recent graduates looking to start their career with Geisinger as a
Surgical Technologist.This is a full position in the Operating
Room(4) 10 hour shifts are requiredEvery other weekdend and
holiday$7,500 Sign on bonus for eligible applicantsFor more
information, please contact:Dana KatzRecruiter, Nursing Support
Geisinger is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly starting rates and up to $5 additional pay
in shift differential wages (negotiable upon experience level)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including insurance coverage
upon first day of employment
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Paid Parental & Paid Military Leave
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience
Certification(s) and License(s) Certified Surgical Technologist -
National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Surgical Technologist (Geisinger Wyoming Valley Operating Room; $7,500 Sign On Bonus!), Healthcare , White Haven, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!