Grader, Veterinary Academy - Independent Contracto
Company: Penn Foster
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:The Penn Foster Veterinary
Academy is seeking an enthusiastic individual to evaluate and grade
subjective assignments and exams. This is a remote position with
flexible hours.The grader is responsible for providing
instructional support through constructive, focused feedback to
ensure students meet established learning objectives. The grader's
primary function is to review and grade assignments, projects, and
proctored exams to assist students in achieving their educational
goals.Essential Job Functions:
- Objectively and accurately evaluate subjective exams against
established grading keys and rubrics.
- Provide clear, effective, and constructive feedback to students
that helps them see what needs improvement, as well as what was
- Complete necessary steps to ensure that exam feedback is
uploaded for students and grades are properly recorded.
- Participate in special grading projects as needed.
- Grade assignments within five days of submission.
- Respond to internal emails within 24 hours during the week and
within 48 hours on the weekend.
- Participate in accreditation as needed.
- Participate in all policies required by Penn Foster including
but not limited to Professional Development.Knowledge, Skills,
- Must possess an Associate Degree from an AVMA accredited
Veterinary Technician Program and must be a Credentialed
(licensed/registered) Veterinary Technician (LVT, RVT, CVT).
License must be current and in good standing with state licensing
board and must be renewed yearly.
- Minimum of 2 years working as a Credentialed Veterinary
Technician is required. Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to
troubleshoot minor technical issues to ensure student work can be
graded in a timely manner.
- Experience with online learning preferred
- Ability to think quickly, communicate effectively and
- Must have access to high-speed Internet and use personal
PC/Mac.Equal Employment Opportunity:At Penn Foster we are proud to
be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to
creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity.
We encourage underrepresented groups to apply. We do not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization,
retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status
protected under federal, state, or local law.About Us:At Penn
Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year
achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused
learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance
the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of
skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career
and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of
leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic
institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce
that's prepared for the future job market. We aim to help
businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and
energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress.
We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of
our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they
inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and
broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working
toward a better future today.Powered by JazzHRvuENZMI3B7
Keywords: Penn Foster, Scranton , Grader, Veterinary Academy - Independent Contracto, Healthcare , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!