RN - Operating Room
Location: Sweet Valley
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Title: RN - Operating Room
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GSWB Surgical Suite Team
Date Posted: 02/25/2022
Job ID: R-28014
Job SummaryAssesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates
nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes
adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest
level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient
satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse
interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff.
Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their
assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best
patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes preparation of the patient according to defined
- Completes patient assessment for risks for falls.
- Prepares equipment and supplies for procedures using sterile
- Cares for equipment before, during and after procedures or as
needed in department.
- Performs intravenous starts and monitors intravenous therapy on
- Performs point of care testing such as urine pregnancies or
blood glucose on patients as needed.
- Administers medication, IV push medication and conscious
- Provides post-procedure care.
- Observes, interprets, reports and records signs indicative of
changes in the patient's condition.
- Records appropriate information to monitor patients' needs
prior to procedure.
- Monitors and assists patients with spinal cord
- Provides appropriate patient education to patients and
- Adheres to requirements mandated by regulatory agencies.
- Assists with orientation, in-service programs and supervision
of nursing students, new staff members, and dedicated staff
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in patient safety improvement and
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.
- Assumes charge nurse role on assigned, rotating basis.
- Assigns staff to specific patient areas as needed, based on
patient acuity.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Position DetailsNewly licensed RN's are welcome to apply.Work
- Hours: 10 hour shifts; Flexible start times between 6:30 a.m.
and 9:00 a.m.; Weekend, Holiday and On Call as needed based on
department needs. Additional details will be reviewed in
- Travel: Rotation to Geisinger Wyoming Valley in Wilkes
Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members
also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation
and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy,
meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare
benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental
coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you'll also receive
care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the
country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a
variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex
spouses, domestic partners and their children and
- Paid Time Off: -Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you
to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and
reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and
- Diversity and Inclusion: -We strive to create an environment
where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their
most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource
Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger
employees to build internal and external networks and further
develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities
but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: -We
offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate
degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only)
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Advanced Cardiac
Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA);
Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of
Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , RN - Operating Room, Healthcare , Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!