RN Hemodialysis - Hospital Based (Joining Incentive)
Company: Geisinger Health System
Location: New Columbia
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Title: RN Hemodialysis - Hospital Based (Joining Incentive)
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania Job Category: RN - Registered
Nurse, Nursing and Nursing Support Schedule: Days Work Type: Full
time Department: Hemodialysis Nursing Team Date Posted: 01/22/2022
Job ID: R-26542 Job Summary Assesses patient needs in the
Hemodialysis (HD) program. Plans, organizes, performs, and
evaluates nursing activities that meet those needs. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age
range on their assigned nursing unit. Job Duties
- Performs initial and ongoing patient assessment.
- Assists in the development of multidisciplinary care plans for
- Functions as a primary nurse.
- Helps the patient adjust to the Dialysis Unit.
- Provides health teaching and updates such as changes in patient
status or technology requires.
- Assembles necessary equipment and administers dialysis to
- Demonstrates ability to properly operate dialysis
- Performs peritoneal dialysis and pediatric dialysis procedures
- Initiates hemofiltration procedures as necessary.
- Oberves, reports, interprets, and records manifestations of the
- Arranges for transient dialysis as assigned.
- Participates in health teaching to prepare the patient and
family to provide care in the home setting.
- Documents observations, activities, and updates computer
information as necessary.
- Assists in the evaluation of the quality of patient care and
participating in quality improvement activities.
- Participates in an on-call schedule.
- Monitors function of RO water purification system at begining
of each shift.
- Checks calibration of accu check blood glucose system daily.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position. Position Details *
You may qualify for a joining incentive!. If you are looking for a
career where you can hone your nursing skills and have a positive
impact on the lives of chronically ill patients, dialysis nursing
may be for you. Collaborating with a team of health care
professionals to assist patients who are experiencing complex
health care needs is an essential part of dialysis nursing. This is
your time to work in a specialized field that affords you job
security and the opportunity for growth. Working closely with staff
and our patients/families fosters relationships and leads to an
environment that feels like family. Work Schedule: Hours will be
between 7a and 7p
- Flexible scheduling: 4 10s/3 12s etc
- 2 to 3 on calls in a four week period
- Every other weekend and holiday We're proud to offer
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required) Experience Minimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body Our Purpose & Values OUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Scranton , RN Hemodialysis - Hospital Based (Joining Incentive), Healthcare , New Columbia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!