Surgical Technologist (Geisinger Wyoming Valley Operating Room;
Location: Old Forge
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Title: Surgical Technologist (Geisinger Wyoming Valley
Operating Room; $7,500 Sign On Bonus!)Location: Wilkes-Barre,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Diagnostic ServicesSchedule: Rotation
Work Type: Full timeDepartment: GWV Surgical Suite TeamDate Posted:
03/24/2022Job ID: R-28096 Job Summary Through professional growth,
quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, Geisinger
has built an innovative culture that allows our staff to grow their
skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of
experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Apply
today to become a part of this amazing clinical team. Job
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and out and operationg
room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
registered nurse and surgeon before incision of operative
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the registered nurse.
- Maintains and documents universal precautions.
- Initiates emergency procedures.
- Participates in the admission and discharge process.
- Performs billing as appropriate for services rendered or
- Participates in on-call rotations of operating room.
- Acts as a preceptor for students assigned to the surgical
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Performs quality control monitoring.
- Performs additional duties including specimen collection,
pleure-vac and traction set up, patient transport and post-mortem
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
registered nurse's supervision. Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. Position Details Geisinger Wyoming
Valley Hospital is seeking to hire a full time Surgical
Technologist in the Operating Room.This is a great opportunity for
seasoned Surgical Technologists or recent graduates looking to
start their career with Geisinger as a Surgical Technologist.This
is a full position in the Operating Room(4) 10 hour shifts are
requiredEvery other weekdend and holiday$7,500 Sign on bonus for
eligible applicantsFor more information, please contact:Dana
KatzRecruiter, Nursing Support (see below) Geisinger is proud to
- Competitive hourly starting rates and up to $5 additional pay
in shift differential wages (negotiable upon experience level)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including insurance coverage
upon first day of employment
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Paid Parental & Paid Military Leave
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders Education Graduate from Specialty
Training Program- (Required) Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related
work experience (Preferred) Certification(s) and License(s)
Certified Surgical Technologist - National Board of Surgical
Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) Our Purpose & Values OUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Surgical Technologist (Geisinger Wyoming Valley Operating Room;, Healthcare , Old Forge, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!