Surgical Technologist (Operating Room - $7,500 Sign on Bonus!)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Surgical Technologist (Operating Room - $7,500 Sign
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Surgical Suite Team
Date Posted: 08/29/2022
Job ID: R-31415
Job SummaryThrough professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, Geisinger has built an innovative
culture that allows our Surgical Technologists to grow their
skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of
experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Surgical Technologists are required to assist the surgeon with
procedures related to the care of patient of all ages during
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and out and operationg
room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
registered nurse and surgeon before incision of operative
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the registered nurse.
- Maintains and documents universal precautions.
- Initiates emergency procedures.
- Participates in the admission and discharge process.
- Performs billing as appropriate for services rendered or
- Participates in on-call rotations of operating room.
- Acts as a preceptor for students assigned to the surgical
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Performs quality control monitoring.
- Performs additional duties including specimen collection,
pleure-vac and traction set up, patient transport and post-mortem
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
registered nurse's supervision.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position DetailsFull Time Surgical Technologist PositionGeisinger
Wyoming Valley ORSchedule: Rotation of 10 Hour Shifts (6:30am,
9:00am and 11:00am)Rotating Holidays & WeekendsOn Call with 30
Minute Response Time RequiredNo TravelEligible applicants will
receive a $7,500 sign on bonusGeisinger is proud to offer:
- Competitive starting wages
- Up to $5.00 additional in shift differential pay
- $7,500 Hiring Incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including insurance coverage
upon first day of employment
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Paid Parental & Paid Military Leave
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Surgical Technologist -
National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Surgical Technologist (Operating Room - $7,500 Sign on Bonus!), Healthcare , Orangeville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!