Wellness Associate II, Geisinger Health Plan
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Job Title: Wellness Associate II, Geisinger Health Plan
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Wellbeing Services, Geisinger Health Plan
Work Type: Full time
Department: GHP Wellness Programs Team
Date Posted: 11/18/2022
Job ID: R-41074
Job Summary Serves community or practice/facility-based population
management initiatives including on site programs, screening
services, fitness classes, evidence based program facilitation and
program development for the wellness team and partners. Responsible
for the development and oversight, as well as implementation of
health and wellness programs at the facility as well as surrounding
- Develops and designs programs in conjunction with their
assigned facility ensuring competencies, training requirements,
reporting and documentation requirements are being meet.
- Supports regional teams, operations, new program design and
implementation of new products and services.
- Develops and implements tools to evaluate the effectiveness of
the wellness program to manage outcomes.
- Reports program participation and outcomes quarterly to
- Prepares and presents educational information consistent with
the mission and objectives of the wellness program and the
- Provides on site screening support and education as
- Supports team on site with programs, biometric screenings and
phlebotomy support as needed and as appropriate, based on skill set
and educational background.
- Represents the facility at various business and community
events as needed or coordinates events at the facility.
- Serves as a wellness resource and oversees member communication
and outreach initiatives within the wellness program.
- Supports regionally based teams and employers throughout our
coverage area, as well strategic opportunities as needed.
- Monitors changes in employee wellness research, new
developments and standards.
- Researches and creates new program to meet the population
needs, as appropriate.
- Supports reporting needs, data management and outcomes.
- Assists with other policies which have wellness
- Learns new software applications and maintains databases.
- Coordinates ongoing record keeping and prepares reports as
- Works closely with internal departments including, but not
limited to Health Services, Marketing, IT, Sales and wellness.
- Responsible for calendar management, promotion of activities in
conjunction with marketing and coordination of all onsite
- Participates on committees, as assigned, to represent and
provide expertise related to the Wellness Program.
- Provides telephonic and on site health coaching for lifestyle
management programs, as needed.Work is typically performed in an
office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Position Details Evenings and weekends as needed Travel required to
Community Events/Health Fairs/Screenings throughout Northeast and
North Central Pennsylvania
Education Bachelor's Degree-Healthcare Related Degree
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Wellness Associate II, Geisinger Health Plan, Healthcare , Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!