Supervisor Laboratory Medicine (GCMC) (Full time) (Rotate) SIGN ON BONUS
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Title: Supervisor Laboratory Medicine (GCMC) (Full time)
(Rotate) SIGN ON BONUS
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services, Lab
Work Type: Full time
Department: GCMC Laboratory Division
Date Posted: 12/27/2022
Job ID: R-40410
Job Summary$12,500 SIGN ON BONUS for qualified applicants
Leads and coordinates the daily operations of assigned section in
conjunction with leadership. Plans, organizes and directs the
activities of the section personnel to provide optimal,
cost-effective delivery of services in accordance with departmental
standards of quality, productivity, system-wide integration and
- Supervises technical and administrative operations of assigned
- Including maintaining a staff of qualified personnel to assure
quality service is provided.
- Selects, instructs and develops employees through careful
interviewing, comprehensive training, delegation, and supportive
- Conducts performance appraisals; ensures training and
orientation of new hires, evaluates employee competency in an
- Participates with Lab Information Technology Team and doctoral
directors to plan and oversee all laboratory information system
functions in support of hospital and group practice work
- Ensures staff is adequately trained in all computer
applications required for their positions Ensures the provision of
timely and efficient workflow in support of group practice quality
and turnaround time standards of excellence.
- Delegates appropriate tasks daily to assure equitable workload
and adequate coverage of all responsibilities.
- Prepares schedule to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing
to meet service demands and maintain productivity standards.
- Prepares and monitors annual operating budget for section cost
- Collaborates the planning of equipment purchases and leases
with the Anatomic Pathology Operations Director.
- Supervises analysis of cost for materials and negotiation of
contracts to obtain favorable prices.
- Oversees section purchasing, receiving, and inventory
management to reduce costs.
- Assures section's compliance with applicable regulations and
- Actively supports the Quality Program and takes a leadership
role in facilitating change to realize noticeable error reduction
and service improvement.
- Provides appropriate administrative and transcription support
to Pathologists for research projects, Tissue Arrays and the annual
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
- $12,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR qualified applicants
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required),
Bachelor's Degree- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 6 years-Related work experience (Required),
Minimum of 1 year-Managing people, processes, or projects
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Supervisor Laboratory Medicine (GCMC) (Full time) (Rotate) SIGN ON BONUS, Healthcare , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!