Ambulatory Surgical Technologist0 (Part time)-Pittston
Company: Geisinger Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Geisinger Healthplex CenterPoint
Days (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Assists surgeon with procedures related to the care of patients of
all ages during surgical intervention.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical timeout.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
Registered Nurse and surgeon for operative procedures.
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments, per policy.
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated
instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment for each individual
- Disposes of linens, needles, and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the Registered Nurse and Surgeon.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during the intra-operative
- Cleans and prepares room between procedures and organizes
effectively for end-of-case cleanup.
- Reports to the Registered Nurse, reactions, results of
procedures, and any changes observed in the patient's
- Documents pertinent medical information and initiates emergency
procedures where indicated.
- Restocks Operating rooms, monitors inventory and pulls case
supplies for the following day.
- Assists in the training of new personnel in the primary area of
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
We're proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
Employer contribution to your retirement plan
Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the time
you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends
Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
Paid Military Leave
Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Communication, Computer Literacy, Medical Devices And Tools,
Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM) Surgical
Technologist, Operating Room Specialist (68D), Surgical Service
Apprentice (4N1XX) will be considered, Teamwork
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to
better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for
our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and
members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions
from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.
Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of
collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and
backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and
community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a
diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are
proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a
Keywords: Geisinger Health, Scranton , Ambulatory Surgical Technologist0 (Part time)-Pittston, Healthcare , Pittston, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!