Phlebotomist (Geisinger Multi-Specialty Clinic Olive Street) (Full time) (Days)SIGN ON BONUS
Location: Old Forge
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Phlebotomist (Geisinger Multi-Specialty Clinic Olive
Street) (Full time) (Days) SIGN ON BONUS
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services, Phlebotomy, Lab
Work Type: Full time
Department: Laboratory Collections Team
Date Posted: 11/30/2022
Job ID: R-41452
Job Summary$5,000 sign-on bonus for qualified applicants!
Phlebotomist II is responsible and accountable for performing a
wide range of tasks to provide a specimen of highest analytical
quality for testing and accurate information for the system and
medical laboratories' clients. Phlebotomist II can independently
perform venipunctures and skin punctures on all age groups, from
neonates through adults. Phlebotomist II will obtain blood
specimens, process specimens for analysis, utilize the appropriate
computer systems to register patients, facilitate billing, and
perform overall specimen accessioning and processing. Phlebotomist
II will have interpersonal communication ability to explain the
blood drawing process and to show a comforting attitude toward
- Performs venipunctures and skin punctures to obtain blood
specimens according to Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute
- Exhibits knowledge of adequate and correct collection
- Performs accessioning procedures appropriately and accurately
to ensure positive identification of the specimens.
- Recognizes and resolves discrepancies as appropriate.
- Evaluates specimen suitability and acceptability.
- Resolves or refers problems as appropriate.
- Performs testing and records Point of Care instrument
maintenance, troubleshooting, and quality control as assigned.
- Handles and replenishes reagents and supplies according to
established protocols as assigned.
- Follows established reporting procedures as appropriate.
- Records and reports problems and solutions as appropriate.
- Navigates and accesses multiple computer applications as
- Knows and abides by related policies and procedures including
- Provides phlebotomy coverage as required to Medical Group
offices, skilled nursing facilities, or performs in-home phlebotomy
for homebound patients.
- Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for qualified applicants!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Laboratory (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Phlebotomy Specialist -
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Phlebotomist (Geisinger Multi-Specialty Clinic Olive Street) (Full time) (Days)SIGN ON BONUS, Healthcare , Old Forge, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!