Nursing Assistant (Medical Surgical, Part Time Evenings 3:00pm - 11:30pm)
Location: Lake Harmony
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Nursing Assistant (Medical Surgical, Part Time
Evenings 3:00pm - 11:30pm)
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Part time
Department: GWV Medical-Surgical Nursing Division
Date Posted: 01/17/2023
Job ID: R-39872
Job SummaryResponsible and accountable for performing a wide range
of direct patient care tasks. The performance of tasks allows the
care team to provide quality care. Meets the qualifications to
provide care for patients in the specific age range on their
assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed by the registered nurse in
meeting the multidisciplinary plan of care established for each
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy, procedure, and physician order.
- Performs EKGs as assigned, following accepted practices,
policies, procedures, and physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily
living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for
ongoing continuum of care.
- Assists with transporting blood and blood products to and from
Blood Bank as needed.
- Assists in problem solving and troubleshooting in the care and
maintenance of equipment and assists in ensuring adequate supplies
are available on the unit.
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following
established policy and procedures.
- Completes clerical responsibilities for task completion based
on ability and training.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and
supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as
necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsPart Time PositionSchedule: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Every other weekend and holiday requiredMay float to other units if
neededWe're proud to offer:
- $15.00 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Clinical (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification
within 6 months - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Nursing Assistant (Medical Surgical, Part Time Evenings 3:00pm - 11:30pm), Healthcare , Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!